Chapter 17

It had been a few weeks since the incident at the hospital, mom hadn't talked to dad since and grandma was finally out of the hospital. Nate was planning something and I couldn't tell what. It was our six month anniversary tomorrow. Wow how time fly's. Nate and I had made reguale trips to see Nanny Ma but they always use to talk in private. I was lying next to Nate and he was playing with my hair.

"Are you still mad at me" I asked

"No" I upset him yesterday because we went to my Nanny Ma's house and my uncles invited him to go out it was my cousin's 30th birthday tonight and we were invited to go to his little get together. I didn't want to go because my dad and sister would be there, but Nate wanted to he had grown close to my cousin because they had a lot in common.

He was angry at me because I still don't want to go, I huffed and stood up. "Fine we will go but if anything kicks off I'm leaving with or without you" he grinned and kissed me.

"I love you, you're the best"

"Ok right let's get ready" we were getting ready and my phone rang. I was doing my hair and make-up.

"Nate can you get that"

"No it's your sister" why the hell would she be phoning me.

"Switch it off" he did as I asked and started kissing my neck, I wriggled and he put his chin on my shoulder.

"I love you so much, Priya and I'm sorry I caused this problem in your life"

"It's not your fault, they would have argued with me no matter who you were. I love you Nate even in this short amount of time I know that I want to be with you for the rest of my life" I hugged him and he smiled into my neck.

We were driving to the hall and I was fiddling with my Saree, it was purple and Nate was planning to take it of later. His words not mine.

We pulled up and I could hear the music going. Nate parked the car and we got out, Harvinder came out and we wished him a happy birthday, he gave me a hug.

"So man you ready" Nate nodded at him and we went inside.

It was only close family and tons of his friends. Mom came towards us and dad glared from the other side of the room.

"Nathan honey you look dashing. As do you my baby" mom hugged us both and Nate took my hand. We sat down with Ricky and Simi and I spotted them. The Gaul Gupa and chat stand. Simi squealed and we rushed up.

We grabbed a few plated for the four of us and took them back to the table. I handed Nate one and he looked at me.

"Eat" I commanded. I picked one up and managed to fit it in my mouth whole, I crunched into them and Simi was laughing at me.

Nate copied me and swallowed, "These are good" he continued eating and I thought I turned him into a true Indian; I had been making a lot of Indian food at his request and put a lot of chilli in. at first he would die but now he loves it in fact he has been asking for more. I didn't want him to change for me, but he loves me and I explained to him that he doesn't have to do this but he said he wanted to get to know my life style a bit more.

Mom came and sat with us and had the starter at our table, I poured Nate his food and I explained to him what everything was, he disappeared with Harvinder and I was getting worried, I was dancing with mom and my aunts who were pissing me off. I felt a pair of hands on my waist and I knew they weren't Nate's I pushed him off and moved away. Akash looked at me.

"Come on Priya, dance with your future husband" he smirked at me

"Fuck off Akash your such a dick" I went looking for Nate and I found him outside he held a glass of vodka in his hand and he looked at me.