Dads home

Rose pov

I had been out playing with John all day. So when walking home, I was exhausted. I tried not to yawn but I couldn't help it. I rubbed my tired eyes to keep my awake. John noticed and picked me up. My head rested on John's shoulder as he had one arm under my bum for support. His other arm dangled by his side as we walked. My thumb was in my mouth and my hair was kinda messy. But I had been out side all day so I had an excuse. As always, my face was perfect.

We kept walking until we reached home. John walked inside and what we see makes John stop. I wasn't sure what was happening but I felt John tense up as he hesitantly walked over to the strange man chatting to Arthur.

John's pov

When I got home, I didn't expect to see this. My father. If you could even call him that. Chatting with Arthur like he had been here our whole lives. Like he didn't abandon us the moment rose was born and mum died. He looked at me as I gave him a death stare. I didn't dare say anything around rose as I knew she was already confused. I looked down at rose in my arms and she waved at the man and smiled politely. She always was to kind for her own good. I wanted to tell her to stop. That he didn't deserve her precious smile but I couldn't bring my self to tell rose who he really was. I put her on Arthur's lap and she cuddles up to him.

"You want a sandwich love" I asked rose, completely ignoring Arthur Sr.

"Yes plz Johnny" she said in a quiet voice. She was definitely tired. She wasn't one to be quiet. I started making her some food before polly, and finn walk in. Immediately polly froze to her spot and started interrogating the man that left us. And she had every right to be mad. Of course she did.

"Who are you?" I heard roses sweet voice ask. But before anyone could answer Tommy walked in. This should be Good

Tommy pov

I walked in to see rose sitting on Arthur's lap right next to the scum bag that left us. Just his face made my blood boil. But seeing him chatting with rose and her laughing at him made me want to shoot him right here.

"So? Who are you?" Rose asked.

"He is no one rose. No one at all. Not to us anyway" I told her.

"Now don't be like that son. I may have ruined my relationship with you. But she is still my daughter. And you can't can't stop me from seeing her."

"Daughter?" Rose asked. A hint of fear in her voice

"Yes darling. I'm your dad. Bet you missed me ay"

Rose started crying and jumped off Arthur's lap. She ran to finn and who picked her up whilst polly kissed her fore head and whispered something in her ear. I was so confused. We had never mentioned him to rose so why was she so scared of him? Me John Arthur ada and pol agreed it was best she didn't know.

"Now what you been telling her about me" author Sr asked.

"It wasn't them" finn spoke up. "It was me. She was asking why she didn't have a dad and everyone else did. So I told her the truth. That our dad was an abusive wanker and we should be grateful he walked out on us"

I smirked. Proud of finn. He taught her well. "Now get out of my house. This family needed you 5 years ago and you weren't there. So go" I said. Returning to my state of anger

"Not until I get to speak with my daughter."

"She doesn't want to speak you. I told you that it is her choice and it is clear she made it." Arthur Jr said.

"Don't you listen to them rose. I loved you. Never would lay a finger on you." he said screaming at rose. Rose clung on tighter to finn and dug her face into his neck. Finn tried to calm her but it wasn't working so he took her outside for some fresh air. Once they left, we continued our conversation.

"Don't pretend like you cared for her. If you did then you wouldn't have left" pol said as she spat at him.

"I was grieving. I just lost my wife" he said. That's when John spoke up.

"AND WE LOST OUR MUM. BUT YOU DIDNT CARE. NOT ABOUT HER. NOT ABOUT US. NOT ABOUT ROSE. JUST ABOUT YOUR ALCOHOL AND YOUR CANE THAT YOU USED ON US"

"I can see I am not wanted. But I will be back. She is my daughter and I deserve to have a relationship with her."

"Why? Why do you deserve her and why now?" Pol said. Something fishy was going on and I would get to the bottom of it.

"I can tell being raise by you lot won't teach her much. So I intend to send her to finishing school"

"Fuck off. You don't never want her to stay with you. You just want money when she marries a rich husband" Arthur groaned. He was annoyed that he ever wanted to rebuild his relationship when clearly, our dearest father is worthless.

"Oh don't be so hard on me. She is pretty. Would do well in the word. And once she reaches the age of 12, I can always let her work the streets. Earn a bunch of money being so young n all. And if you hand her over to me then I will give you a share of the money"

As soon as those words left his mouth, I swung my hate and cut his eyes. I blinded the bastard. But he deserved so much more.

"See you in hell" I said in a low voice. And i shot him. Right in the head. We got some men to clear him up whilst we went to go find finn and rose. They were sitting outside the house. Rose was asleep on Finns lap whilst her held her close. She was wearing his coat and he was shivering. He was the best brother. But I would never tell him that. Not a chance was I letting him get the satisfaction. Arthur grabbed rose and took her upstairs.

Arthur pov

I took rose upstairs and I could not help but feel guilty. I had welcomed this man into our lives and he almost took rose. I kissed her head as I cradled her head. Placing her in bed, I kissed her cheek and stroked her hair before walking out. But before I got out the door, I heard I quiet

"I am not getting a daddy am i" she sounded like she was crying and it broke my heart. I walked over and sat on her bed whilst rubbing her back.

"No sweetheart you aren't. But who needs one. You saw that man. He wasn't a nice fella was he. But you have us. We are your family and we don't need anyone else." I gave her a kiss on her forehead. And hugged her.

"Stay with me plz Arthur"

"Of course darling". I took my clothes off and lay in bed. I had my underwear on still. Rose lay on my chest as I held her tightly. The thought of her being taken by that man haunted me all night. She is our princess. They can bloody well try ti take her away. But I promise, they won't succeed.

A/N

So my first chapter of this book. I really love peaky blinders so this wasn't hard to write. I have so many ideas so hopefully, I shouldn't run out. 1319 words.