Family blues

Finn is 19

Polly pov

These kids were mine. I raised finn and am now raising rose. And I have looked after all the shelbys like my own. Even though me and Arthur are almost the same age. But there were times when I just wanted rid of this life. Not for me. But for rose. Now the boys loved rose and she loved them, but there were some days when I just wasn't willing to risk her life for love. But I knew that rose was a shelby, and no one can take her away from us, not even the fucking police.

I always wanted to take rose and raise her in the country, away from the smoke and suffering, the guns and blood, the whores and fear. But I didn't just love her. I loved the other shelbys aswell. So my main concern, was not keeping rose away from them, but away from their dark side. The side that she was oblivious to and the side that she will remain unaquaintanced to. Worry was all I felt when I walked with rose through the streets. I knew that social services could come at take rose away from a loving family. And although I would fight them, I wouldn't blame them. She may be the most loved girl in all of England, but she is also the most wanted. By enemy gangs. And we all knew that no matter how hard Tommy tried to protect that little girl, it would only take one bad egg to cause her harm. Just one person who was wrongly trusted to keep her safe. All I could do, was make sure she never found out about the dangers of being a shelby, and lived her life to the fullest. To be honest, I always secretly hope that when she is older, she will get a house in the country away from all this, with a nice and kind husband who treats her right, and the fear of her being taken in an alley, will be gone. But some things, can't stay hidden forever.

Tommy pov

I had told rose not to come over today, as i had alot of work to do, and she would only be bored. But really, I just didn't want her to see me with a whore. The woman walked into my office with a red dress and high helped shoes. Her face was heavily made up and her hair was curled to perfection. Her fingernails were long and red, clearly this business was doing well for her. I could tell she did this for pleasure, not money as she had enough money as it was. Enough to get a regular job.

But I shouldn't judge. After all, I was paying her so I guess I was just as bad as her. I payed her and we got straight to business. Half way through, I was so involved in what was going on, that I didn't realise the door was open. Until I heard a scream and saw rose running away. I quickly threw the girl off of me and got dressed. I then ran after rose.

Rose pov

I entered Tommy's office as he had said he had alot of work to do. So I thought I would help him. But I didn't not expect to see that. I don't know what I saw, but I know that I never want to see it again. It was horrifying. I screamed out of shock and ran. I ran through the streets of Birmingham. Tears ran down my face at my fear of what the fuck just happened. I wasn't sure where I was going. Just kept running until I ran into someone. My big tearing eyes looked up and immediately hugged them. It was Michael. With ease, he picked me up and I hid my face in the crook of his neck as he began to run.

He stopped outside the garrison and everyone rushed over to me. John took me from Michael's arms as I kept crying and screaming. I was truly mortified. He bounced me on his hip and kept shushing me to calm down. When that didn't work, John decided to just talk anyway.

"What happened love? Did someone hurt you? I thought you went Tommy's. Did someone grab you whislt you were walking? Did-"

"John. Why don't you let Rose explain you fucking idiot" Arthur interrupted. "Tell us what happened sweetheart"

"I w..w..was at t..Tommy's. And I s...s..saw him w...w...with someone. I d..don't know w...what they were d...d...doing but it was r...r..really scary. The l...lady was screaming and t...Tommy had his head b...b...back like he w...w...was poss....possessed" I said as I kept sobbing loudly. I could hardly speak as I was so traumatised. I then added "a...a...and they had n...n...no clothes o...on"