Stranger

Hi. I have just got out of hospital. I was in the waiting room for 5 hours given me time to day dream about a new chapter so I came up with this idea. Hope you like it. I'm not seriously ill. I have inflamed joints in the chest or some shit. I don't really know cuz the doctor used alot of words which I'm 99% sure were not part of the English language

Finn is 18

Tommy pov

It was Monday which meant I was supposed to pick rose up from school in 20 minutes. Due to the current circumstances I was in, that wasn't an option for me. I was in London in a meeting with Alfie Solomons and there was no way i would be back in time. John was also with me while arthur was sorting out some business back home.

"I'm gotta make a call alfie" John told him whislt standing up

"Oh ye. And who to?" Alfie asked.

"I really don't know. Need someone to pick rose up from school"

"Well you go ahead then my friend. As much as I think you are all cocks, rose shelby is an angel and angels should be protected" for once, I actually understood what he was saying. John walked out the room to go find a phone so he could call someone. After about 10 minutes, John joins us once again with an irritated look on his face.

"She's gonna have to walk home. Everyone's busy and all the blinders are dealing with business back home. I'm sure she'll be fine. Tough as nails" he said as he sat down. We got back to business but I couldn't ignore the bad feeling at the bottom of my gut.

Rose pov

The Headmaster had taken me out of class to inform me I was walking home alone. Now, as much as I wanted my brothers to stop worrying and acting like I would break, I was terrified. Being a shelby means you will only meet 2 types of people. The ones who are afraid of you and will clear a path just so you can get home without a single hair on your head coming to harm. And then there are the enemies. Or more, my brothers enemies who see me as their weakness. And whilst walking home alone, I could only hope I would come across the ones who run in fear.

The time had come for me to get back home and to say I was frightened was an understatement. I don't go the same school as my cousins as I got expelled within months of being there. My brothers didn't threaten the Headmaster as they know I can't get away with everything and need rules and punishments in my life. Bollocks. I now go a school which is half an hour walk away from my home. I was going back to John's tonight so that my older cousins could look after me whilst everyone else was busy.

I started to walk and after 5 minutes, I felt confident that I would be alright. I knew the way just fine and we never met anyone dodgy normally so why would it be any different now? Answer. It wouldn't be different. As i walked for 15 more minutes, I saw a man come out of an alley and start following me. Maybe he just wanted to get home and happened to live in the direction. But I couldn't help the horrid feeling I felt everytime I looked behind me. Just to make sure he was following me, I took some unnecessary turns and ended up walking in a circle. When I looked behind, the man was still following me and he was picking up speed as was I. This was some scary ass shit going on. Wait til I tell finn! He will be so worried that he will buy me tons of sweets. Although right now, I would gladly give up my sweets just so he would stop following me.

I had taken so many turns that I was now 20 minutes late and I knew my cousins would be so worried. Probably called my brothers to worry them aswell. I kept walking in the direction of John's house when I spotted Arthur leaning against his car looking anxious and frightened. Without a second thought, I ran over to him and he hugged me tightly