School

A/N

I don't know what children roses age learn so we just gonna go with easy shit like reading simple words and addition.

Finn is 16

Polly pov

The whole family was at Tommy's enjoying a family dinner like we did every Sunday. Their was something weighing everyone down and it needed to break free. A secret that only rose was unaware of and one that would not be taken kindly in her eyes. Rose was 5 and despite having to start school a year ago, she refused and us being stupid enough, allowed her to be home schooled. But we couldn't carry on with it. Rose was different. She never got on with other children her age as she didn't know how to act around them. She was fine around John's kids because she grew up with them, but strangers was not her thing. Adults, she was great with. She knew all the regulars at the garrison like her own family. But it was getting to the point that she didn't have a single friend, and whenever we would bring up making friends with the neighbours kids, she would just refuse and not speak of it for the rest of the day. Well, to try and solve the problem, we have all decided that it would be best if she went school. It will get her more used to playing with kids her age and making new friends.

"So, rose, how is home schooling?" Ada asked her to try and bring uo the topic

"Boring. No offence aunt pol, but I really don't like maths" she says looking at me. I had been teaching her and not only had I given her the regular lessons, I I taught her abit of palm reading and other gypsy things. She had always had a gift ever since she was born. When she was 3, she said that someone was going to die. This obviously worried us all half the death but we relaxed when it was just her cat.

"Well, to make it more exciting, why don't you learn with other kids?" John said trying to sound convincing

"Thanks Johnny. But despite his tiny Brain, I don't think Arthur classed as a child" Finn almost choked on his whiskey as Arthur just gave him a clip round the ear and a death glare to rose. It did nothing and just made her laugh.

"I mean school. With kids and some new friends" he said. He eyes went wide and she stopped eating. Without looking up from her food, she asked

"Why do you want me to go school?"

"So you can learn to be around kids your age who aren't your family. I'm sure the men at the pub are lovely but it's not really the crowd a little girl should be talking to" she stood up slowly and tucked her chair under the table before grabbing her plate. She began to walk around the table confusing us all. What was she doing. She stopped infront of John and poured her roast dinner over his head. He just sat there shocked at his baby sisters actions.

"I'd rather choke on the devil's dick" she whispered just loud enough for us to hear and then walked out with John yelling for her to come back.

"Right, who the fuck taught her that saying?" I asked as I looked at every single family member. They all looked down and no one made eye contact with me. Fine. They wouldn't answer. I would go and speak to rose and try and reason with her. I left the table angrily and went up to roses room. There was a lump under the covers in her bed

"Rose?"

"Not here"

"Well, if you see her, tell her that aunt pol wants to speak with her" she poked her head from under the covers and looked at me teary eyed. Poor doll. With open arms, I rushed over and lifted her onto my hip. Her head rested on my shoulder as I walked over to the window. The school was in view from roses room.

"See that" I said pointing. I felt her nod her head softly

"That's the school. It's not that bad. And you get to make lots of new friends. So why don't you wanna go luv?" I asked.