Pushover

Finn is 13

Tommy pov

We were all downstairs drinking and talking and Rose was presumably upstairs fast asleep by now. It was half 11 and her bedtime was 9. Well, it was supposed to be 9. But it really depends who she is with. Finn couldn't give two shits what time she went bed. Arthur will do anything she asks so he would take her out for food at midnight. John would normally pass out before Rose as she was so exhausting. Polly was stern with her. And I normally let her stay up till 10. But then straight to bed as i was not dealing with a bratty kid the next morning.

Well tonight she had gone bed at 11 since Arthur and John were with me. I was suppose to be looking after rose tonight which you would think would mean I determine when she goes to bed. But Arthur just held onto her and refused to let go.

I had just poured a glass of whiskey when the door opened and Rose ran in. She didn't seem tired at all. Instead, she just ran over to the table and sat herself down grinning, as if nothing happened. The boys and me stared at her for abit, in shock of what happened. She was normally asleep within seconds of her head touching the pillow.

"Rose." I said sternly. "You're suppose to be asleep. Go back to bed now"

She just ran up to me and lifted her arms, showing she wanted to be carried. Getting the hint, I lifted her from under her arms and placed her on my hip bouncing her up and down slightly. He little arms wrapped around me as she dug her face into my neck.

"Don't be angry Tommy. When u think about it, it's all your fault" she said as if it were nothing. No sound could be heard. Everyone froze at her choice of words. If it were anyone else, I would kill them. I obviously wasn't going to harm my baby sister but no one knew what I would do.

"Is that so? Care to explain your theory or you gonna leave us all wondering"

"Well" she began, "I was in bed trying ti get to sleep Tommy I really was. But then i heard you telling John to fuck off and lots of laughing. So I couldn't sleep" she said. In a way she was right. We were being loud and I had told John to fuck off a few times. No words came to mind so I just said the only thing possible at that moment in time

"Fuck off to bed rose" I put her down and expected her to go upstairs but instead she walked over to Arthur. She stood next to his chair and gave her best puppy dog eyes I have ever seen. God help Arthur.

"Arthur. I love you sooooo much. Do you love me?" She asked so innocently. I could tell that Arthur was going to crack.

"Yes my darling. I fucking love you more than life itself" Arthur said as he looked down at the cute little girl.

"Well, I don't want to be lonely. Will you sleep with me tonight? Please Arthur. Then you can protect me from all the bad dreams and monsters. And I will have you forever, and will never need a boyfriend" she said with little grin. She was good. She was very good. She knows that Arthur would do anything to protect rose and she also knows that we all dread the idea of her having a boyfriend or any relation with a boy that isn't blood. We have taught her
well....too well

"Course I will love. I would protect you from all the monsters in the world." Arthur downed his glass of whiskey and lifted rose onto his hip. She lay her head on his shoulder and looked at us with her thumb in her mouth. A huge grin was plastered on her face as she winked at us. She had played Arthur and was very proud of it. We all just laughed as Arthur carried her out of the room and upstairs.

Arthur's pov

She had played me. I knew that much. But I honestly didn't care. Rose is my whole world. When we are out in public, alot of people think she is my daughter. And I don't correct them either. I treat her like my own. Because she is. Rose is my half sister. Mum died when finn was born and a few years later, dad returned with rose who was the result of him and his new wife. But they didn't want her so we raised her. But it doesnt matter if she is half sister or not. To me, she is basically a daughter.

I put rose in my room since I didn't fit in her little bed. She was sucking her thumb the whole way up the stairs. Yes she is 5 and shouldn't suck her thumb but as if I am gonna tell her otherwise. Polly maybe but no one else would tell her otherwise she starts crying.

"Arthur" she said as I began to change

"Yes love"

"I'm tired now. I wasn't before. But now I just want to cuddle and go to sleep" she said with a yawn.

I just chuckled and got in bed with her. I put the covers over us and placed rose on my chest. My arms wrapped around her as she traced a tattoo I had on my shoulder. Rose always loved mine and my brothers tattoos. It calmed her to trace them and whenever we got a new one, she would ask to see it and always found it cool. To her, it was some marvelous magic that she couldn't quite understand how they stayed there forever. But my thoughts were stopped as I was sent into a calming sleep.

Next week

Rose pov

At school, I had been given some homework to do. It was so boring. Maths. I was never good at the subject. Didn't understand it really. Why did they find a need to make symbols for numbers. Instead of writing 'three' we have to write 3. I just didn't get it. Are people really that lazy. OK yes I am lazy. But I have only just started learning addition and numbers so for me, it is more work to remember them than writing then. I was stuck at home, not having a clue what I was doing. So I decided to call Tommy's House. Polly was busy and I knew he was good with numbers. I called his number (luckily is was written down for me otherwise I would have struggled) and to my surprise, Arthur picked up.

"Ello?"

"Arthur! Yay. I am glad you answered. I can't can't my maths homework. I was gonna ask Tommy for help but since you answered, can you please write my teacher a threatening note saying I don't need to he given homework because it is absolute bullshit" I said in one breath. I heard him chuckle on the other end.

"Anything for you Rose. Why don't I pay your teacher a visit personally to get things sorted. This is clearly making you upset and we wouldn't want that. Oh, and watch polly doesn't hear you saying that language or she would have my balls"

"Thank you Arthur. Love you. Bye"

"Love you to. Bye sweetheart" I hung up, happy with how that turned out. Maybe tomorrow won't be so bad.

Next day

When I went to school though, my teacher wasn't their. We were all confused to say the least. But then a new teacher came in and told us that there had been a terrible accident, and the teacher sadly passed away. He gave me glances every now and then and was sweating and shaking quiet abit.

During the day, he treated me very special. I didn't get homework. And i wasn't forced to read put like everyone else. Looks like Arthur's words worked then. Arthur is really nice. So everyone listens to him as he is just so kind and people love him.

But the teacher seemed petrified every time I groaned about the amount of work or the questions. I walked out of the school gates and spotted Arthur. He was walking me home tonight. But that was weird. It was Tuesday, so finn should be walking me home. But nonetheless, couldn't complain. I loved all my brothers equally. Some were just easier to manipulate into getting me sweets everyone we passed the shop. Finn was not that brother.

I jumped into Arthur's arms and gave him a huge hug.

"Woah their kid. You had a good day at school. No homework?" He asked me. I told him all about my day and the weird teacher. He just had a smirk on his face the whole time. Like he was proud of himself or something. But But ignored it.

I don't really know what happened to the teacher. From what I heard, she was found at her home, her eyes cut and unconscious on the floor. I bet she ran with scissors. I am always being scolded for running with scissors. Classic mistake.

A/N

1555 words