Mother

Finn is 13

Tommy pov

I was sat in my office looking through some files like I had been for the past 3 hours. It was 9am, the sun had risen and the cold night had been replaced with a grey day. My eyes were struggling to stay open due to lack of sleep from the night Rose had stayed at mine and she wouldn't sleep. Every time i put her in her own bed, she started crying for me. And when she was in my bed, she would cry for anyone else. Just anyone who she could think of. It wasn't like Rose to be so unhappy, something was bothering her. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of my door opening. I looked up from my work to see a panting finn with sweat dripping down his face.

"Fucking hell! What ya do? Run here?" I asked sarcastically. Surprisingly, I was correct.

"Ye. I had to find you fast but I couldn't find anyone else and I didn't have the car. Something bads happened tom. Something really bad" he said as he walked closer towards me. I handed him a bottle of whiskey to catch his breath before he continued.

"And what is this really bad thing ay finn?"

"I saw her. Roses mum. I don't know why she is here. But she saw me before I could run away." Shit. Fucking shit. Her mother wasn't the same as ours. Only our half sister. After our father left us, he went and married some whore who soon left him after she gave birth to rose. Polly got custody of rose as our father couldn't handle her. He basically begged polly to take her. Her mother, alison, would show up every now and then for a few days. Claiming to want her prove her love for her daughter. And every time, she would run off with a new man for a few months before coming back and repeating everything. The hatred I felt towards that woman was unexplainable. If she wasn't roses mum, I would've cut her a long time ago. Unfortunately, despite her lack of love she sows for her daughter, rose still loves her and the look if happiness on her face when her mother finally turns up is something I wish to see much more often. I had no reply for finn and so I just stormed past him and went upstairs to wake rose.

I opened the door expecting to find my baby sister fast asleep but instead found her sitting up in tears. Without hesitation, I rushed over to the girl and picked her up into a big hug. Buried in the crook of my neck, i felt her tears slide down her rose red cheeks. My hand stroked her hair to calm her and it did work. The tears slowed down and the sobs went quieter as she was rocked in my arms. Seeing my baby sister hurt kills me. Knowing it is apart of growing up and yet having to watch her suffer is proof that the world is a cruel and unfair world.

"What's wrong angel?" I asked as I kissed her on the head.

"I don't want her here Tommy. She'll just leave again." She mumbled.

"What are you talking about?" Surely she couldn't know about Alison being back. No one told her.

"I saw Alison yesterday. She was outside the school gates at lunch time shouting for me to come closer. I didn't want to see her tommy" the tears began again and the sobs filled the room. Finn entered the room and grabbed rose from me to engulf her in his special hugs. Those two always had a special bond. Finn was still a kid so he would sneak her things like alcohol and cigarettes when he thought we weren't looking.

"You don't have to see her if you don't want to luv. I will leave that decision up to you" I told her as I planted a kiss and her head and walked out.

Finn pov

The whole family was coming over for tea at Tommy's. Rose seemed happier than she did before. I think Tommy's words reassured her a little. The poor thing thought she would be forced to see Alison. As if we would ever make her see that evil witch. She's unreliable, a whore, lousy excuse for a mother and a waste of air. Alison can go and die for all I care. Rose stayed close to me for the entirety of the day but its not like I cared. Only problem was, we decided to keep her indoors until Alison had left which meant me staying indoors with her. So I couldn't go the garrison with isaiah today.