Billy kimber

Finn is 11

Rose pov

I was playing in the living room with my dolly's and finn was sat watching me. He had been grounded for some reason. I didn't really know why because no one tells me anything. The only reason finn is with me is because our older brothers were arguing over something or other. Polly was in there and we could hear alot of shouting. But then it all stopped. And we could just hear the muffled voices.

Finn tapped my shoulder and out his lips to his fingers signalling me to be quiet. I smiled at him and followed him. We both pressed our ears against the door and listened intently on what was being said. Tommy said something about black star day. I wasn't sure what that meant but I hope we get presents. That is probably why they needed privacy. To talk about our presents. I can understand that. Me and finn tend to get the most because we are younger. I am guessing this is some kind of new holiday. Me and finn heard footsteps walking towards the door do we both ran and sat back down. Everyone walked out and sat with us in the living room. They seemed abit on edge except Tommy. He seemed perfectly calm. That made me happy. Until he said

"Next time you twos think about eavesdropping again, don't make it so obvious. Gets embarrassing". He took a puff of his cigarette as me and finn just looked at eachother wide eyed.

Polly was sat staring into space, he hands shaking like she was worried. So I decided to cheer her up. Polly always loved taking me shopping. She would get excited and would remind me that I was her daughter no matter what anyone else said. That made me really happy. I would kill for polly to be my mother. But the best I could do right now was make her happy.

"Aunt pol, do you want to go shopping. We can try on all the pretty dresses"

Polly looked at me suddenly and her face lit up. She ran over to me and picked me up as she ran upstairs.

"Where you two going?" I heard Arthur yell as we were half way up the stairs.

"We have a long day ahead of us so I want us to look nice" polly yelled back. I giggled at pollys expression over the thought of taking me shopping. We went into pollys room as she applied some make up and put on some nice shoes.

"We can get you some new shoes aswell my darling. Nice red ones to match that dress Arthur brought for you last week. And some blue ones for the dress ada got you. We can invite ada and esme. Get to know the gal abit better"
Incase you hadn't noticed, I loved getting new dresses. And any type of clothes. I was very excited. I loved shopping with ada and polly. And esme seemed really nice. She danced with me on her wedding night. Everyone else had got to know her after the wedding but I have only seen her once and didn't speak because we didn't have time.

We met ada and esme at the shopping market. They both looked very pretty and they both hugged me. Ada had brought her new baby with her.

"Oooo. I that the baby"

"Yes sweetie. Wanna take a look" ada asked me. I nodded my head so esme lifted me onto her hip and I leaned over the pram.

"He looks really cute. Can I have one for Christmas? Please aunt pol. Please"

Polly just smiled and said "absolutely not. I have done my duty with you and finnm I am taking a fucking break now" I just frowned but when esem tried to put me down I asked for her to carry me. She agreed and I stayed on her hip until it was time to try on the dresses. Polly helped me put them on and we ended up buying 6 dresses for me. And the women got 2 each. Polly said that Tommy was paying because he was being a cock lately. Apparently he didn't know he was paying but polly said it would be a nice surprise for him.

We had been shopping for 5 hours, so we decided to head home. We said goodbye to ada and esme and we began to walk home. But on our way, polly stopped and suddenly pulled me back. I was confused until I saw 2 groups of people staring at eachother. Talking about some grown up boring nonsense. They hadn't seen us. But I saw that it was Tommy and ran up to him. Polly tried to grab my arm and told me to stay still but I didn't listen and kept running towards Tommy. But I froze when I realised that the man opposite Tommy had a gun pointed at me.

"Don't shoot me. I have just brought 6 new dresses and if I die, I won't get to show them off to everyone" I said annoyed that Tommy won't get to see me in my nice dresses. The man looked taken aback. Probably because I wasn't scared. Most people would be. But my brothers were  there and they would forever protect me.

"Rose get out of the fucking way" Arthur yelled. I just turned to him and waved.
I then turned to Tommy. Still in the middle of the men and said

"Thank you for the dresses Tommy. Pollly said you were being a cock so you were buying and that you didn't know so it would he a surprise. I wanted to surprise you by telling you. So thank you. And surprise" I said smiling.

Tommy just stated at me and said
"Rose. That's sounds great. I will buy you 10 more dresses if you just go back home OK?" He sounded scared. I started to walk back but one of the men grabbed me. I bit him and ran to Tommy as everyone began shooting. I grabbed Tommy's gun and aimed it. BANG! I hit the dickhead straight in the head. Everyone froze.

"Here's ya gun back Tommy. That bastard was starting to get on me nerves. And to think, all I wanted was to show you me bloody dress" this caused all my brothers and their friends to laugh. The rest of the men had gone now. Polly ran towards me and gave me big kisses on the cheek. I wasn't sure why but I wasn't gonna complain. As we were walking home, we passed another dress shop. I looked at the window and said to all my brother

"Who is paying. Cuz Tommy said u would get 10 new dresses if I left. And I did try to"

"Rose, don't ya think-"

"You promised tommy. Pleeeeaaase"

All my brothers groaned in annoyance as we entered the shop. Me and polly had a look of triumph on our faces. Polly stated

"She has you wrapped around her little finger" i just giggled while my brothers rolled their eyes.

"Where is finn?" I asked.

John explained that he had gone out with his mates. Which made polly angry as he was supposed to be grounded. I just looked at John and whispered in his ear

"Snitches end up in ditches" his eyes widened and I laughed.

Once out of the shop, I thanked Tommy a million times and was so happy. I want carrying anything as I am the shekby princess according to Arthur. So all my brothers were carrying my clothes. Polly also got 2 dresses. She said she deserved it after the stress Tommy outs her through. I then remembered something else to tell Tommy

"Tommy. Thank you on behalf of ada and esme. You also brought them 2 new dresses" Tommy huffed whilst John amharic a huge grin on his face.

"Haha. I got out of that one"

We continued walking home and I never asked questions about who that man was. I wasn't fazed that I had killed him. He deserved death. I heard my brothers whispering about how they were shocked from my behaviour of not caring. They also mentioned that I was turning into them and it was worrying. They seemed scared by it. I on the other hand, would be thrilled to be like my brothers. I don't know what job they do but they are respected and everyone loves them so much, that cars are willing to swerve just so they don't splash mud on them. Today was great, but very tiring. Walking home, I fell asleep on pollys shoulder and dreamt about today's events. It was all so exciting.

A/N

1464 words