Shame on me

'Soo..Could you tell me more about yourself, Nova?'

"Don't even. His personality is ass."

"Okay now, you're being TOO rude."

"Am I wrong? No."

(____) was still walking through the corridor, absolutely forgetting where he was heading, because of how he keeps stopping to talk to his new companion. Even if he forgot, he still continue his conversation with Nova. Asking him questions, wanting to know more about him, all that..But nothing personal. Just want to know him better.

'How did you two met?'

"Huh? Oh, well-"

"I was forced."

'..Ah! That's very..Interesting! I'm sure you two will get along.'

"(____), please."

(____) chuckled, to himself. He continues to ignore where he was going, still chatting with Asher and Nova. The three of them ask questions to one another.

"So..What happened after you fought the noble from the valor ceremony?"

(____) smile drop down.
He expect Asher to ask him questions that he could easily answer, but this one....Isn't it.

Now having flashback of what happened a week ago, making him nervous to answer the man's question.

'Honestly, it was probably something that I will never forget. The things that happened at the capital almost had me dead.'

"What now?!"

'All I remember is that there were zombies everywhere...There's this guy from a group that attack the capital! Weird monster, people were chased by zombies..You get it!

And he....Him..'

"Who?"

'The guy! Uh..That one Magic Knight captain you told me Asher! What was his name..I don't remember..!'

"Okay, calm down. How does he looks like?"

'Long...Red hair? Sharp purple eyes with cool eyeliner or whatever?! Flame magic? Whatever his name is!'

Asher had already knew who he was talking about, after he had explain the 'long red hair'. It could've been easier if he had just said the captain of the Crimson Lions.

"Fuegeleon Vermillion, that's his name."

'Yeah, yeah! Him!
What I remember is that I fought alongside him....

And...!'

...

"What the hell is he doing?"

"Oh, ignore that weirdo."

"I guess he skipped dinner again."

"What is he even thinking right now? He has been wandering around for the past 10 minutes...Is he okay?"

"Peasants are always weird, so I'm not surprise, heh."

"I sometimes wonder why peasants are like this."

"..Should we remind him about dinner? I mean, dinner is over but like, he needs to eat? I bet there's still more food at the-"

"No."

...

(____) POV

Man.

Explaining to them what happened at the capital was a bad idea. They keep asking me questions on questions, they never stopped until my dumbass was super tired.

I understand their concerns about me and that guy name Fuegeleon.

But I don't think asking me a lot of questions would make anything better, they're just making me lightheaded with all those questions.

Instead of worrying my dumbass they should worry about Fuegeleon instead.

I hope he's alright.

Oh and, I forgot to eat dinner, but whatever. Not that hungry anyways.

.....

I really need to train more often. I don't want any accident happen to anyone else. If I can't protect them, then what even am I?

I'm not even a good Knight. My previous job as a Knights Of Favonius was already shit, no wonder why grandmaster Jean had fired me from it. Now I have a different job, being a Magic Knight....I realized it was a lot tougher than being an Knights Of Favonius.

What I know is that Knights Of Favonius get to do less work, even if they did get a work to do, it's probably just something that isn't related to fighting or so. While Magic Knights gets to do a tougher work. It's hard for me to keep going, but I can't do anything about it, I don't wanna lose this job? This job had me meet more people, I have...Friends! I'm not gonna leave? I'm not gonna retire? That would be a waste!

But then again, I need to get strong for missions and such. I can't be a Magic Knight if I can't protect the innocent? But even if I waste my time training in the middle of the night, my magic...Is still not strong enough.

Is my cryo magic not good enough?

Why is it that I train but don't gain any bit of strength?

I was an ABSOLUTE trash at the capital!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY MAGIC?!

IT CAN'T JUST BE ME, RIGHT?! I-I'VE...I've worked so HARD.

Why can't I-

"(____), it's morning. Wake up."