0.2 Embry Call

🤬Inappropriate language in this chapter!🤬

My name is Embry Lucas Call. I am 15 almost 16 years old and live in La Push, Washington with my mother Vickie Call. I am her only child and her husband left before I was conceived. I have no clue who my father is which has led to a lot of teasing from the other kids here. I have three best friends. Quil Ateara also 16, Jacob Black and his twin sister Jules 16 as well. We have all been best friends since we were babies.

I have had a crush on Jules since we were kids. She has always been the one to hug me when I was sad or stand up for me when I was getting bullied. As long as I can remember Jules has always been the one to help me through the hard times or to help me out of trouble that her brother Jake gets me into.

Over the years, I guess you could say that my crush has turned into truly loving her. But I have always been too scared to tell her that I love her. For fear that she will not feel the same way about me. And I have pushed her away more. Not wanting to hang out with her. Instead I have become this creep that watches her from a far as I hang out with her brother. Jake doesn't even know about my crush on her as I know he would make fun of me for it.

But let's get back to me. When my mother's husband left she had an affair with one of the men in La Push. Now there are a few that I have found out were not faithful to their wifes around the time I was conceived. Joshua Ulye, Anthony Latohe, David Cameron, Billy Black and Harry Clearwater. So mainly the guys I have grown up around. But these could only be rumers for all I know and none of them are my father.

Whenever I ask my mother about my father it turns into this big fight. Which ends in her saying. "He was married and has other kids with his wife. I just can't tell you. He didn't want to be a part of your life and ruin his marriage." I mean now I get it but it still does hurt that my father wanted nothing to do with me. I mean I am still his flesh and blood. All but Harry are either divorced or a widower. So what would be the harm in me knowing who he is?

I wanted to go and ask each of them if they were my father but then I realized who I would have to ask and what could happen if I asked. Those kinds of questions. I didn't want Jules to know that there is a chance that her father is my father. That would mean I have a crush on my sister. And that is just wrong. So I knew I needed to ask my mom out right if Billy was my father.

"Mom, I need to ask you something and I don't want you to get mad, but I need to know this and I will stop asking about it." I say as my mom looks at me and sighs.

"Ok fine! One question and then you stop." She says as she won't look at me. I took a breath before I could even ask her anything.

"Is Billy Black my father?" I ask as my mom laughs at me. She shakes her head and full blown laughs.

"No. God no! Billy is not your father." She says as I nod my head at her. I wasn't expecting her to talk anymore about it. "He loved Macy more than anything beside his kids. As far as I know he was and still is to this day faithful to his wife. Macy was my best friend. I could never, would never do that to her. Not even now!" She says as I nod my head.

"Look I get that you want to know who your father is. But he made it very clear that we were just a fling and he was not going to ruin his marriage over me. Even though that doesn't matter anymore." She says as now I know Harry is not my father.

"But when I do see him around he does look at you and I can see the hurt he has in his eyes for not being a part of your life." She says as I look at her confused.

"Thanks mom, for answering my question about this. I know it is hard on you. So thank you!" I say as I walk away from her.

"I know why you asked about Billy. Your crush on Jules. She would be good for you. You should tell her how you feel." Mom says as I sigh and shake my head. "Do it before it is too late. Before she finds someone else." She says, I sighed as I knew she was right. But I was scared that she would reject me.

"I will one day soon. I just need some time to find myself. Where I belong before I can tell her how I feel." I say as she nods her head at me. I walk into my room and think about the three men left that could be my father Joshua Ulye. He left town after his wife found out that he had an affair but came back a few years ago. Anthony Latohe is rarely ever here and when he is Paul is in an even fouler mood than normal. Jules is the only one that can calm him down when his dad is around. David Cameron stayed and still helped raise Jared. This meant that I was either Sam's, Paul's or Jared's younger brother.

I know I couldn't go and talk to them about any of this and Jake would just make fun of me and Quil didn't really care who my father was after his dad was hurt in an accident a few years back.