Chapter 44 - Status and Fame

Y/n POV

I take back what I said.

Coming here isn't bad, my ass.

I clicked my tongue as I continued to eat what taehyung brought me as I'm regretting my decisions.

This is really good. The taste of the macarons that will make everyone feel delight and the taste of the chocolate that instantly melt in my mouth.... Sadly I can't enjoy my precious sweets to the fullest.

The way she hold her knife and fork and to the tips of her fingers was graceful.

Her posture and expression were refined and elegant.

Even the way she eat was beautiful. It feels like staring at her is discourteous but my eyes can't help it and would always lead me to her.

I could sense the presence of a true noble on her.

It was obviously what the people here thinking as their eyes sparkled while looking at me.

All people's gazes were at me that it is uncomfortable. It's been a long time but I still can't get used to it.

Some were staring at me with full of greed in their eyes as they knew that I will be a significant connection leading to father.

I was okay about this earlier but they're staring at me for too long to the point that it would put holes on my face.

If staring can kill, I would be long dead.

Suddenly I became an idol.

I, since long ago mastered proper manners and etiquette that is why its easy for me to attend a party even though 'the current y/n' haven't been taught yet. Now that my memories have returned, my countless experience came back to me and I could feel it in my body clearly as if I just did it yesterday.

A world where status is everything... I, ofcourse would be their idol for the world of the Gifteds care for their image and honor so much. Being the
Honorable and strong, Minhyuk disciple makes it even worse as I need to care about my image If I don't want my master's position to be tainted.

For the people here, I am a good role model but they don't know what I experienced so far to reach this position.

It was still the same in the past. The world of a gifted depends on status to rise at the top....

As I recalled my past, I noticed the gazes around me and my playful personality took over me and I winked at that one girl who was staring at me so hardly like there was no tomorrow.

"Oh my! How bold" She said as she fanned her red tinted face with her fan.

What the... That is a strange reaction.

Fortunately, they didn't come near me because father and brother were glaring daggers at them.
It must be because they don't want annoying people to come closer and disturb them and that scared them to come closer to me. That must be it.

As y/n was in deep thought Kim Namjoon glared at the crowd  without letting Y/n found out.

Leeches for power. He thought.
I can't let stupid people come close to my daughter just like that. He once again glared at them.

I ate a piece of the cake and thought.

This is actually advantageous for me.

If I have a good reputation in status they can't kick me out easily and mock me when 'that' b*tch comes and introduce herself as Kim Namjoon's daughter.

They would start to compare us just like in the past... But the dissimilarity is aera and my position in the past will swap.

I would make it so that she will get the pitfall.