Runaway

Genre: Angst/smut
Ships: none
Warnings: cutting
Extra info: Bruce is a lot worse of a father then most people would like I'm this. Damian is gender fluid. The other language is Russian. A few time skips.

Damian: 17
Nyssa: 97  (looks 32)
(OC) Dimitri: 24
Cassandra: 20
Tim: 24
Jason: 36
Dick: 42
Bruce: mid to late 60's

Damian finally gets sick of his father's constant neglect and leaves to start his own life without the Wayne name attached to it.

______________________________________

Arthur's POV

Love

Compassion

Honesty

Responsibility

Loyalty

Empathy

All concepts that the Wayne family hasn't seemed to be able to understand. All steming from one person in particular.

Bruce

He was a cold heatless man who raised his children to be just like him. Well, if he had actually even raised them like how he always told people he did. He always saw his children as a a tool, a lump of clay that he could mold into his idea of the perfect warrior. If they don't do exactly as he says or become a replica of him he sees them as a failed experiment.

He always forced his own rules and ways on them without trying to understand who they are as people. He barely sees them as people, much less the children that they are.

Richard Grayson is the only person who he sees as a successful experiment. But even he messed up sometimes by making the mistake of not being perfect.
He shuns his children, he overworks his children, he would go as far as to hurt his children. He would do anything to his children but be their father.

He's driven into their heads that he's always right and that he rescued them and if the don't do exactly what he tells them to do.
The only reason that they haven't slipped through a void of hopelessness is because of there care they received from Alfred.

He taught them how to care for people he took care of them, he raised them when Bruce didn't want too.

He loved all of his grandchildren and would do anything to make them happy. But ever since Damian arrived to the manor he knew it would be tough cracking away the hard shell.

And for that exact reason he Bruce left him to fend for himself. Damian tried over and over again to gain his father's respect, after awhile he didn't even care for his father's respect, just simply his love. But he never got it.

It was impossible, and it hurt Alfred to see the people in the house be so mistreated by each other.
When Bruce and Selina got divorced he acted as if she never existed. The worse part about it all was how they couldn't tell if it was a coping mechanism or he really never cared.

When Alfred found long beep cuts on Damian's wrist and his skinny malnourished body all he could think of was the continuous cycle of self harm throughout the family.
Thankfully Dick was willing to help Damian get his health back on track but only till a certain point before all his time was taken by Bruce.