What if

Genre: AU
Ships: Jayroy
Warnings: kinda Infanticide
Extra info: There is going to be some demonic stuff going on and this is likely going to lead over into a part two. Athanasia is Damian's half sister. Unannounced time skips. I'm going to try and not be disrespectful to one of my deities but some things stated are obviously untrue.

Damian: 16
Tim: 23
Jason: 30
Dick:35
Bruce: 56
Athanasia: 23
(OC)Annanya: looks 40

Underworld/Greek God AU

______________________________________

All Talia wanted was the perfect child, the perfect baby boy to make the heir to her father's throne. She tried over and over again to make the perfect child. When she finally constructed the most perfect beautiful child, it wasn't breathing. It was stillborn. She flew into a fit of rage and threw the dead bairn into the water surrounding the island. She watches as he sinks farther into the ocean.

She stands there in silence thinking about her decision, heart tugging towards the bottom on the ocean. She didn't understand the feeling of her heart dropping, she shouldn't have one. He is simply one of many hundreds of failed attempts. Her father would beat her half dead if he knew how she was feeling. The sun was already set when she finally looked back up, she had been staring at that one spot for hours.

She turned her back to be carried back up the mountain but she couldn't help but feel something turning back around. She didn't know what was wrong. She wasn't raised to have a conscience, she wasn't raised to have feelings, she wasn't raised to show pity or be merciful.

She walked only a few feet before whipping her body right back around, stripping herself of her gown and jumping into the water. She didn't stop till her muscles stung and her she could no longer hold her breath. She made her way back up, masking her tears with water.

She was taken back up the mountain, with a heavy heart having to tell her daughter it was another defect. Athanasia looked up at her with glossy eyes asking her mother if she had more subjects before her. Talia only ignored her questions and told her off. She went down to the test room where her father was waiting for her. He slapped her to the ground looking down at her in disappointment. He only told her to unfreeze an embryo to try again.They went through this cycle for years, not being able to get a perfect one. He tossed Talia aside like her brother and sister.

She went to her chambers to morn the loss of her child, she's gone through this so many times but she doesn't know why this was different. She carved the potential name into a candle and lit it, keeping the flame through the night in hopes that he would know she had his best in mind.

She hoped the finders of his damned soul would show mercy.
And that they did.

"Sir?"

"Sir?"

"Excuse me, sir?"
Annanya pleaded for him to heed the information she had for him.

"I shall not be bothered now retainer." His voice boomed throughout the large room. She had delt with this for centuries, she placed her feet firmly within the ceramic floor. "I apologize for interrupting you my lordship but I have something that migh-" she was cut off by the clearing of a throat behind her. "Lady Persephone." She bowed her head keeping her back to her.

Persephone walked around her looking at her in shock from what she bared in her arms. "What is this?" She demanded an answer. "He was a still born." She answered vaguely.