Seven | Wrap

Y/N

INTERVIEWS during press releases are usually done in fancy hotels with multiple paper backdrops propped up behind the actors dependant on whoever was conducting the interviews.

They were usually long days, with multiple people asking the exact same questions time and time again. For example, we would have Buzzfeed set up their little fake wallpaper and bring in puppies, then take it all down before Wired would come in and set up an almost identical background and bring cardboard props that looked like a Google search bar.

It was relentless. Press releases were most often an actors least favourite time during work but a fans favourite; it gave them content.

Today was different however because today the interviewers wanted to film in the studio before we ripped everything down. They wanted to encapsulate the 'essence' of Tom and Zendaya's last time on a Marvel movie set. It was bullshit, Tom and Zendaya finished their scenes within a week and they haven't been to the set since.

Watching Tom and Zendaya interact together on camera completely contradicted how they acted in real life. I mean, they were always civil, and Zendaya acted pretty much the same but Tom always looked reserved and heartbroken around her.

I find it weird how Zendaya acts completely normal around Tom Holland. According to the tabloids, she left Tom for Timothee Chalamet, but of course nothing is confirmed - I highly doubt she did that though. My guess is that she dumped him over a normal reason.

The interview went smoothly, a crew full of Vogue employees coming in to question them both about growing up with each other and being some of the most relatable Marvel characters to date.

And then they stepped over the line.

"How do you guys continue to act with such great chemistry on camera despite being exes to each other off camera?" The interviewer said as his final question, causing Zendaya and Tom to laugh.

Tom's laugh didn't seem natural though, it seemed completely forced. He was a good actor, but those of us who have worked with him like Mike and I, could see through it.

"We're actors for a living, that's what we come to work every day to do," Zendaya smiled, answering the question civilly and politely.

"I think it's easy for us to have chemistry on camera because we don't have to act. We will always have those same emotions as Peter and MJ," Tom said smiling, his affection for Zendaya peeking through.

"Yeah it's easy to use past relationships when you're young and dumb and not knowing what you want. That's the same for Peter and MJ, just young and dumb," Zendaya laughed casually.

Tom nodded and smiled slightly, obviously hurt hearing what she had said so innocently and casually about the most impactful relationship he had ever had. I could tell he still loved her, but she didn't love him.

The interviewer thanked them for their time and they both went to their seperate trailers outside. Tom made a bee line towards it, not stopping for anyone but still politely smiling and thanking people if he passed them.

I excused myself from Mike and the Vogue producer to discreetly make my way out to his trailer. I know that seeing him right now would be a complete breach of privacy and possibly professionalism, but nobody was checking on him during an obviously awkward interview.

"Hey, can I come in?" I said through the door, knocking gently before I heard a 'yeah sure' from inside. He was lying on the small couch inside with his arm resting over his face, sighing loudly as I came in.

"Did I look as awkward as I felt up there?" He sighed, still covering his face as I sat on a small stool in the corner.

"I don't think anyone would be able to tell except for Mike and I. And uh, her," I said modestly, trying to tell the truth but not make it sound like a train wreck.

"I have to go out to dinner for this wrap party tonight and I don't even know to act around her without looking like a heartbroken teenager," he groaned, sitting up and running a hand through his hair.

His eyes were only the tiniest bit red, as if he was holding back tears before I arrived. He bit at the side of his thumb, anxiously gnawing at the cuticle.

"You'll be fine Tom. You have the entire rest of the cast and crew to talk to. Just sit at the opposite end of the table and be yourself. You don't have to be with her much longer, you guys aren't the stars of the movie so press release period kind of ends here," I shrugged.

"I just want to go to Marrakech, start this bloody movie, visit home and forget about her. You know I bought a house here with Haz just to prove to her I was serious and the whole time she was fucking that French bastard?" Tom accused, barely giving me eye contact whilst he ranted.

"I don't think it's my place to comment on this, we're colleagues," I said quietly.

"You're my fake girlfriend who's job it is to learn everything about me for this immigration interview that's not even happening anymore," he scoffed.

"Wait what?" I asked.

"My lawyers said by the time the paperwork would have been filed and they'd assign an auditor to our case, I'd be out of the country anyway. They didn't tell you?" He said looking up at me.

"No, I had a few missed calls during the Vogue interview but I came straight here after..." I trailed.

"Yeah, it's all over so you can relax again. I'm sorry again that they forced you to do this. And I'm sorry I let my visa expire in the first place," he shrugged, lying back down on the little sofa.

He looked so defeated, so helpless. He was always such a cheery guy, saying good morning to everyone on set each day and insisting on getting his own food or driving himself around the studio lot. But right now, he just seemed so deflated.

"You want to come tonight?" Tom asked nonchalantly as if he was asking if I wanted fries with a happy meal, looking back at me.

"To the cast wrap party?" I questioned. Was he joking? Was he rhetorically asking me to take his place?

"Well there is some crew invited, like Mike and the director and some of the executives and stuff. You wouldn't be the only crew person there or anything. There will be like fifty people, you'll blend in," he said gently.

"But I wasn't invited. Only like important people go to wrap parties," I laughed.

"You are important shut up, if you weren't here I would have been deported by now. Even if they throw out the audit case now that I'm flying out of here on Monday," he shrugged.

"I uh, sure. Can you um, can you message me the address? No wait, I'll just ask Mike. Thanks again... For inviting me," I smiled shyly, leaving his trailer and feeling my heart fall into my stomach from nerves.

I'm invited to a fucking wrap party with only three hours notice?! Fuck, what do I even wear to one of these things?