Twenty Eight | Scotland

TOM

"Yeah, yep, I-... I'm on set Granddad... I have to go. What? Sorry, I meant pardon. Yes, I'm sorry for interrupting... Yep- Mhm, yep, bye Granddad... Bye Granddad," I said into the phone, trying to get my daft old relative off the phone.

"Everything okay man?" Our director says after nicely holding everyone up for me to wrap up that phone call. He's a funny old bastard, always making me laugh. No wonder our family is so fucking witty, he's influenced us all.

"Yeah! No, he's fine. He's just, he doesn't really understand how acting works and that it's not just a fun thing I do for an hour or two each day. Where were we?" I said jumping back in front of the camera and jumping up and down to get my energy up.

"I called a wrap... I was just asking if you wanted to shoot one last scene for the week before we wrap London and fly to Belgium next week," Rian laughed, obviously because I was completely out of it.

"Oh! Fuck, I'm good, I think we've got the shot. Thanks everyone! Sorry for making you all stay behind!" I called out as the remaining crew started packing up.

I sighed and headed back to wardrobe, taking off my costume and changing into a pair of tracksuit pants and a hoodie. Coming out of wardrobe, I saw Y/N on her laptop wearing large black headphones and wrapped in a blanket.

I see Y/N every day at work but we haven't hung out just the two of us since we had that awkward dinner with Zendaya and Timothee and I stayed the night at her apartment. We'd still message each other and send random TikToks to each other, but we haven't hung out properly in about three or four weeks.

I quietly walked up behind her and grabbed her shoulders, making her jump in her seat and pull her headphones off.

"Jesus Christ Tom! Fuck, that scared me," she sighed in relief, smiling up at me from the chair.

"What are you doing with you days off before Belgium?" I grinned, knowing that what I was about to ask her was absolutely nervous wracking.

"I was going to just explore London, why? Do you need me to bail you out of another cringy date with your exes boyfriend again?" She said, referring to the fact that two weeks ago Timothee had invited me to go to a play with him that I lied about being busy for.

"No, no. My um, my granddad wants you to come to his birthday... Only if you really want to, we all go to this nice old house in Scotland every year for a weekend in the snow. His birthday was like two weeks ago but he's timed the holiday for this weekend so I can make it in between work. But he really wants to meet my girlfriend," I sighed.

"I thought your family knew about the whole, publicity thing?" She said after checking if anyone was around us that could hear this confidential topic.

"Granddad Bob would have his little heart broken if I told him it wasn't real. I wanted to tell him, but Mum and Dad said that it's better if he just didn't know... He's a big romantic at heart so he just loves love," I chuckled.

"Scotland hm? Why Scotland?" She asked, closing her laptop and standing up with the blanket still wrapped around her shoulders.

"There's this wicked property built god knows how long ago and we rent it every year for his birthday. I've been going every year since I was like three. I know this is a huge thing to ask to stay like two or three nights with my whole family, and you can definitely say no and I won't be offended," I assured.

"I haven't been to Scotland before. And I've met Harry before so he can help us both keep the cover story up," she smiled.

"So that's a yes?" I smiled. She nodded.

"And my parents know it's fake too. And Sam and Paddy, you'll meet them too. They know it's just for the visa thing... It's just little old Granddad Bob. But trust me, he'll just smile and ask us about how our job pay so much money," I laughed.

"Well you're on your own there. I earn basically the same as half the crew here," she laughed, following me out from set and through the studio lot.

"You know you really don't have to come... I can say that you're busy. They don't expect my fake girlfriend to come to this at all," I whined, trying to make her feel like she was allowed to say no.

"I mean, it'll be good for social media if I'm spotted on a family trip... Makes it look super real right?" She suggested.

"I um, I can sleep with Paddy so you can have your own room. The house isn't huge but the property is. Have you ever gone shooting before? Or horse riding? It's like, being in that show Bridgerton in real life, it's super old school," I laughed.

I know we've stayed in the same bed before, but I don't want her to feel uncomfortable or like she has to do something she doesn't want to do. We're both adults, we are capable of being in the same bed if need be. I just want her to feel comfortable.

"I haven't seen Bridgerton but I know what era it's set in. Isn't it just about like drama and sex?" she laughed back. To be honest, I hadn't seen it either so I wouldn't really know.

"I think so, but um, I can send you more information about it but Scotland will be really fucking cold and snowy. So you might want to pack your warmest jackets... And blankets," I smiled, seeing that she had brought her own blanket to set and was walking through the studio with it on.

"Tom?" She called out once I got to my car. The car park was pretty full still with the remainder of the crew packing up.

"I'm sorry I haven't hung out with you outside of work in a while. I was just scared you felt like you were being forced to be around me," she shrugged.

"I just invited you on a family holiday Y/N, I obviously like being around you. We're good mates now. Even once this fake relationship ends I wanna be mates," I smiled. She smiled. We both smiled.

"Now get in, I'll drop you home."