Fifty Four | Break

TOM

I pay the taxi driver, I thank the taxi driver, I get out of the taxi, I thank the taxi driver again and I close the door. Simple. One step at a time Tom. He then drives off and I walk through the concealed path to the house Y/N and I have rented for the week, dodging a few rogue branches and uneven pavers on the ground.

I'm a little intoxicated if I do say so myself. I hadn't anticipated staying out at lunch with Timothee for as long as I did. But he said he wanted to clear the air between us, he said he wanted us to get along as fellow actors and he wanted us to hopefully be friends. It's fucking weird to hear that from the guy who your ex girlfriend left you for, but I'm a nice person and didn't want to say no.

What I didn't expect, was to hear Timothee apologise for stealing Zendaya from me and then admit she had broken up with him. He didn't really go into details but he said that since she started her latest film, they grew distant and she thought it was best to part ways. Huh, sounds familiar. I guess the girl can't differentiate her own feelings from her characters and ends up falling for her co-stars each time.

Timmy and I started to actually get along this afternoon. We didn't start some hate club about Zendaya or anything, we both obviously had immense feelings for her at some stage of our lives. But it was semi-refreshing hearing that he had experienced extremely similar things to me during his relationship. It was somewhat comforting even.

He asked me about Y/N which I didn't expect. He started by asking if our relationship was fake, since that whole rumour was still floating around on the internet and after I trusted Anya, she told Law who told Zendaya and Darnell and they obviously told Timothee. Bloody hell, you think rumours like that wouldn't circulate interest with other celebrities but fuck me, celebrities are such gossipers.

I kind of opened up to Timothee today. I mean, the boy had cried in front of me, in public about his break up and been completely vulnerable with me. So I told him about my immigration fuck up, I told him that Y/N and I forged the papers and that we really were dating for real now. He genuinely seemed pretty happy for me, like actually happy.

So I did what any happy drunk lad would do and invited him back to our house for more alcohol and night time swims. It wasn't particularly swimming weather but it was a heated pool and it somehow feels warm constantly in Los Angeles.

"Watch your step mate, this place is super random," I chuckled, fumbling for my keys in the pocket of my jeans.

"I like it though. It's like, something out of like, a sick ass film," Timothee laughed, which made me laugh too because his laugh is infectious.

And he's not wrong, this little house amongst a mini jungle looking area is pretty aesthetically pleasing. It doesn't feel like LA at all, it feels tropical and lush like it was inspired by Bali or something.

As we got inside, Timmy went to take a piss and I called out to Y/N who I assumed was upstairs in the bedroom. But no, her little head popped up from the couch with a half asleep look on her face and dreary eyes.

"Fuck, what time is it? I must have passed out from the jet lag," she said yawning and rubbing her face.

"Darling, it's like eight thirty," I laughed.

"How was lunch with Timothee? Was it awkward?" She asked, just as we heard the toilet flush and Timmy opening the bathroom door.

"Hi, sorry for gate crashing," he grinned, throwing his hand up to wave and then walk over to hug Y/N with open arms. He kind of reminds me of those long inflatable men that flop around in the wind out the front of car dealerships and shit. He's like a bendy noodle man. He's only 5 centimetres taller than me which also makes me feel better about myself.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry I was asleep... This is so embarrassing," she said hugging him loosely back before covering her face.

"No, no, no. Tom just said you guys had a pool and I don't want to swim at my hotel with a bunch of other guests. People always book hotel rooms during awards seasons to try and meet us," he shrugged.

"We're a little drunk, sorry," I said smiling gently, a hiccup escaping from my mouth as Y/N smiled and shook her head.

"Don't apologise for drinking, I was going to join you guys anyway. Timothee do you want anything? We've got beers, wine, we might have some seltzers?" She said getting off the couch and walking to the little kitchen.

"Oh uh, whatever you guys are having is fine with me. And you can call me Timmy if you want. Or like, just Tim or Doug or whatever you want," he laughed, taking a beer bottle from Y/N politely.

Y/N came outside with us to the pool area but she stayed on the little day bed to watch us. And because neither Timothee nor I were sober enough to think two seconds in advance, we thought skinny dipping was the best option.

She covered her eyes as we both held our dicks and shimmied out clothes off. When she heard the two splashes of the water, I guess she opened her eyes to laugh at us for our spontaneous decisions. And as a person with a penis, I can tell you now it's a weird but good feeling to have your dick float around freely.

You might also think it's strange for two men to swim naked together at night whilst one of the mens girlfriends is fully clothed and watching from outside of the pool. And I would usually agree. But fuck it, this Los Angeles trip is about having a break from work and letting go. Living loose. Care free.

"Oh darling, guess what? Timmy and Zendaya broke up," I said leaning on the edge of the pool and sipping my beer.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry to hear that," she pouted.

"Nah, fuck it. Being single is so much easier. I can just, do shit like this whenever the fuck I want. And I can fucking like, go out, fuck bitches and get money. That song is my new life bro," he giggled.

He was very drunk.

"To fucking bitches and getting money! T-Pain, my man, you're a bloody legend," I said raising my beer in a toast to a man who was not around and who I had never met. He made a good few bangers though.

I am also very drunk.