Twenty Two | Car

Y/N

"DO YOU think people will post photos of us together?" I asked timidly, following Tom to his car which he had parked on the same block in which we were filming.

"Maybe, but we will be sitting in the car acting normal and everyone will create some huge narrative about what we were talking about, where we were going and what we were bloody thinking about," Tom laughed, unlocking his Porsche four wheel drive.

I sat in the passenger seat and rested my tote bag and laptop on my lap, looking out the windscreen at the few people waiting on the other side of the barricades with their phones and cameras. It made me nervous thinking about what people would say about me online again, I have barely logged onto Instagram since my last photo.

"I never thought too hard about these types of things before," I sighed, looking at Tom as he started the engine.

"What do you mean?"

"Like, I have friends who are actors and models and stuff and I've been in their photos and had people follow me just because of the industry I work in... But I've never been the centre of attention or the target of peoples attacks," I shrugged.

"Attacks? Y/N are you getting hate comments online?" He said keeping the car in park and turning his torso towards me. I just nodded back, embarrassed to be showing Tom that I was concerned with what people on the internet said about me.

"Fucking hell already? I'm so sorry, you really don't deserve any of that at all... I really don't have much advice other than to just focus on the positive comments," Tom responded, now driving down the street.

"Don't worry about it, tell me about Anya. How did she find out?" I asked, changing the subject to something possibly more important. The more people that knew this was fake, the riskier it was for us. God forbid that the American government found proof that it was fake, Tom and I could be looking at jail time.

"I told her because she was accusing me of leading her on so I was like hey sorry I'm kind of in this legal battle at the moment. And then she fucking kissed me and I was like woah no wrong idea," he chuckled in disbelief.

"Wait, I thought you were into her? Why did you tell her not to kiss you?" I asked cocking my head to the side.

"I am into her... I think, I mean I definitely was before we started filming and like, before all this shit happened," he said reaching across the car to open the glove box in front of me and get a pair of sunglasses out.

"Okay let me put my hypothetical wing man hat on... Why did you message her in the first place?" I chuckled.

"Cos she was my co-star and I thought she was pretty," Tom said directly.

"Did you ever talk about or infer the fact you two potentially would have sex?" I asked.

"I don't think so, I'd send like semi thirsty photos of me at the gym and be like 'I'm dead' or whatever and she'd send back flirty emojis or banter... But I don't think we ever explicitly talked about sex," he shrugged, pressing a few buttons on the cars GPS screen to direct him to my apartment.

I couldn't help but laugh at him. Boys have such basic ways of flirting online, especially now that he had admitted to sending Anya thirsty gym photos to garner a reaction from her.

"Well you both have recently broken up with your partners, you work together almost every day and you sent flirty messages... and then didn't kiss her. That's kind of leading someone on Tom," I divulged.

"I didn't not kiss her, I did kiss her. I just pulled away and was like ah yikes that's not a good idea," he laughed, groaning dramatically.

"You kissed her without letting me wing man you! Fuck off Tom, you should've told me! Ugh now I feel like a bad wingman," I laughed, hitting him a cross the chest with the back of my hand as we drove.

"She kissed me! I wasn't the one who initiated it, it was her. I don't know Y/N I just don't want to focus on women at all, they're too complicated," he laughed.

"I don't see why you're making this more complicated than it is... If you're into her, sleep with her," I shrugged, undoing my seatbelt out the front of my apartment and chuckling at him as he checked his phone.

The drive home was surprisingly calm. It wasn't as if I was scared of Tom's driving or anything, I was more just afraid of the potential photos people could take of us. We didn't do anything to spark controversy but I really don't want my social media blowing up again.

I guess I have to get used to it for the next few months.

"I dunno I just have my mind all over the place and I'm not over the break up and ugh, I'll figure it out eventually. I have to see her tonight for a stunt rehearsal with Alexander so hopefully it goes smoothly," he chuckled, putting his hand out towards me as I opened the door and tapped my thigh repeatedly.

"What is this? What are you doing? Why are you tapping me?" I laughed.

"What are you doing tomorrow night?" He asked, looking up from his phone.

"Nothing, why?" I said pushing his hand away jokingly.

"Um, Timothee just messaged me inviting me out for drinks with a group of people and said I should bring you. Please say yes because this is going to be really awkward for me," he whined.

"What? Why would the guy dating your ex girlfriend invite you out to dinner? Fuck okay, yeah I'll come..." I said exhaling nervously before getting out of the car.

"You're the best, thankyou! And yeah, he acts as if I'm his best mate it's super fucking weird. I'll message you when I get home, from this stunt thing tonight," he smiled before I nodded and closed the door behind me.