Eighteen | Tea

Y/N

TUWAINE AND HARRY sat either side of me in the backseat of the car as Tom sat in the front giving the driver directions. I sent Tom my temporary address to give to the driver because I sure as hell didn't know my bearings around a city I wasn't familiar with. Add the fact that I was pretty intoxicated and it just ends up a disaster in trying to get home.

I initially tried to get in the backseat after the two booths but Tuwaine insisted that I needed 'some manly lovin' up in here' and made me sit in the middle. They both knew I was upset and that Tom and I were bound to have a tough publicity phone call tomorrow morning.

"You know, it could be worse," Harry shrugged, focusing on the small water bottle in his hand to not spill it as we drove.

"Yeah?" I chuckled, still feeling on edge being with the exact people I shouldn't be associated with right now. If the internet was blowing up about me supposedly dating Tom, I doubt being in a car with him, his brother and his best friend would help.

"It could be the middle of the day whilst shopping with tonnes of people around you with phones and shit... At least everyone at Annabel's is like, premium... That sounds wrong, I mean like, it's not technically for the public," he laughed, wiping some of the spilt water from his lips.

"Yeah, imagine if you got swarmed in a city you don't know and you were out alone getting grapefruits at the grocer or something," Tuwaine chuckled.

These boys treated me as if we'd been friends for years, similarly to how Tom acted around me when we first started hanging out. I mean, they seriously don't have to even give me the time of day but they're all so kind.

"Guys, you're not really helping out here are you?" Tom said turning around and pulling out his credit card when the car stopped.

"Tom let me pay, don't be stupid," I said rummaging through my handbag for my card even though Tom had paid in the meantime. Harry swung open the back door and Tuwaine nudged my thigh, which I presumed meant I could get out of the car now.

Except they all got out of the car with me and the driver took off.

"This isn't my apartment Tom," I groaned, looking around the street to see if I could recognise any landmarks or familiar stores. I couldn't.

"Yeah I know, it's ours. C'mon now," he said waving his hand for me to follow them as he jogged up the front stairs to the door, unlocking it and kicking his shoes off in the entryway.

I followed them inside, looking around the desolate and empty street incase anyone was around and witnessing me enter Tom Holland personal home. Although there wasn't a creature in sight.

"Tea?" Harry asked me, turning around as he too untied his shoes whilst leaning against the hallway wall.

"Uh, I'm fine thank you," I said politely, now feeling obliged to also take my heels off as they all had done. It was a fucking relief to finally have them off though.

"It was more of a rhetorical question, you're getting a cup of tea regardless. How many sugars?" He laughed, shuffling to the kitchen and turning the lights on.

"Just one thanks," I smiled, looking around the house they lived in. It was surprisingly clean and organised for how many boys lived here; I was quite shocked.

Tom laughed as he appeared at the other end of the hallway, telling me that I could make myself at home and not stand in the hall all night. I felt semi-uncomfortable, being taken to their house without my knowledge.

"Why didn't you take me home Tom? You're such a wanker," I called out, walking slowly into the living room where Tuwaine had thrown himself down onto the couch.

"Wait, where are you from? Americans don't say wanker very often," Harry said carrying out the first two cups of tea and placing them on a small glass coffee table.

"You can't tell by my accent?" I asked cocking my head to the side. When I moved to America for work everyone picked up on the fact I wasn't local, but I guess to others maybe the American accent has rubbed off on me a little bit.

"Fucking dumbass," Tuwaine said shaking his head, telling Harry that he was an idiot for not hearing it in my accent and that it was 'obvious'.

Tom returned from the other end of the house wearing a pair of grey tracksuit pants and a navy hoodie, one the sleeves slightly ripped and the print on the front faded.

"I'm not letting you be alone during a fucking panic attack in the middle of London Y/N. You can stay here and like, hide from the public and feel safe with us all," Tom said softly.

"We've been through half of Tommo's internet scandals together so like, we are pro's at keeping you chill," Tuwaine grinned, leaning forward to pick up one of the tea cups before passing it to me. I thanked him and blew on it softly.

"You can sleep in my room tonight. Fuck, I'll get you some clothes to wear. Your dress looks great don't get the wrong but it does not look comfortable," Tom laughed, springing to his feet with a slight stumble from the alcohol and telling me to follow him.

The other two boys yelled out their good nights to me as I followed Tom upstairs and to his bedroom with my tea in hand. His actual bedroom. Not the room he stays in when he travels to America. Not a hotel room. His actual room.

"This is cute," I said pointing to a shelf of Funko pop vinyls that reflected each of the characters he has played throughout the years; majority of them being different variations of Spider-Man.

"Oh that's just something dorky and lame I do to remember my work, they're kind of cool though hey?" He laughed, pulling out a sweatshirt and tracksuit pants for me to wear.

"Fuck... Do you want socks?" He asked, freezing in the spot as he realised he didn't get me any.

"No I can't sleep in socks, they end up coming off and getting all lost in the sheets," I chuckled, sitting on the end of the bed awkwardly.

"You know Y/N, this won't be as bad as you think. Internet hype sucks but we're in this together and I still owe you big time for helping me in the first place," Tom said sympathetically, turning around to look out the window as I started slipping the straps of my dress off my shoulders.

"You peed in front of me tonight and you've seen me in a swimsuit, you don't have to turn around you know," I laughed.

"Yeah but you turned around when I took a piss, it's only fair I do the same," he laughed, turning back around when I said I was dressed.

I had started to tear up again, thinking about what type of repercussions I would have to face come morning. Tom quickly crawled over the bed and gave me an 'aw no don't cry' before he pulled me into his arms, my head cradled on his shoulder as he held me tightly.

I have never hugged Tom.

His clothes smelt like him, the faint scent of his cologne lingering in the material. It was comforting in fact, along with the face that Tom was lightly stroking my back to console my tears. He reached over to get my cup of tea for me, telling me to take a few deep breaths and hold the same mug nice and close.

Admittedly it did help. Harry makes good tea.

After apologising for crying, I insisted that I could stay on the couch but he fought me, saying I was the guest and that guests don't sleep on couches. I wiped my tears, trying to change the subject from the document leak and focus on something else.

"Fine, can we compromise then?" I huffed, taking the pillow from behind me and putting it at the end of the bed.

"Remember when you had sleep overs as a kid and you'd sleep top and tail? One person this way and one person that way?" I laughed, looking at Tom screwing up his face and shaking his head.

"You are not sleeping with your bloody face next to my feet all night Y/N, you'll judge my shitty spider tattoo and complain about me," he laughed, pulling the pillow back up to the top.

"Are you sure you're okay with me sleeping in your bed? I might get salty wet tear stains on your pillows," I laughed.

"We're mates Y/N, it's fine."