Fifty Eight | TikTok

Y/N

Today is the day, today is the mother fucking Golden Globes and I am freaking the fuck out. The awards show is at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills and although my driver is great at calming me down right now, I want to jump out of the car and run away.

Something I didn't know about these types of awards shows though, was that the more famous celebrities arrived later than the less popular people like me; hence why Tom isn't in the car with me. I'm not all that much earlier than him, maybe twenty minutes or so, but they don't want the lesser famous people crowding the red carpet with the A-list celebrities. It makes sense but it sucks.

My driver was lovely though, he opened my door for me and helped me with my dress which the Christian Dior stylists had absolutely nailed by the way. I have never felt more beautiful than right now, yet all I could think about was Tom and how he was feeling. I was nervous yes, but I knew that Tom would be way worse right now. He hates these things.

Tom has never been to the Golden Globes before. The first and last time he went to the Oscars was in 2018 when he presented an award and he only went to the BAFTA's when he was told by his management team that he getting an award. He gets overwhelmed and daunted with dozens of photographers yelling at him with blinding lights and aggressive voices - I get it. Seriously though, he had his doctor prescribe him some sort of pill to take before tonight just to keep his panic attacks at bay.

I knew that my carpet call time was earlier than Tom and I was just expected to walk the carpet, go inside and then meet Tom in there. But our publicists, our managers and more importantly, Christian Dior weren't too happy about that, it was our first red carpet appearance together.

So, after our management team fought to try and change my call time and got blatantly rejected, we realised that I could stay on the carpet if I was 'working'. My manager figured out how to get me an interview with two different broadcasters that I could pick from, but it didn't feel right to me to say yes. I didn't want to do an interview with someone just for the sake of staying on the red carpet to meet with Tom.

I know he needs me on the carpet, I know that I'm his rock and that he feels like I'm a sense of calm. But I'm not going to be a sell out and do interviews with just any media agency. It's not right in my heart.

I wanted to do untraditional things, I wanted to stay true to my roots and help the little guys like me. I found this TikToker named Emily Uribe, who was invited to livestream the event on TikTok alongside a few other TikTok people like Vinnie Hacker, Anna Sitar, Nathan Lust and an elderly couple called Ted and Linda. It was a good mix of people honestly, I don't think any of those influencers would cross paths notmally.

I saw Emily on my for you page quite often and I admired the fact she stayed true to herself by never accepting monetary payment for her content. She did it because she loved it. And she loved film making.

It sounds weird, but I wanted her to interview me over anyone else. We had a video chat via Instagram last night, we worked out the timings and she was honestly shocked that I wanted to speak with her specifically. I mean, she was able to have little chats with celebrities in passing just like the other TikTokers once they arrived, but I wanted to have a longer, deeper conversation with her.

Spotting Emily and the other TikTokers making content, I waved and smiled at her, making my way over to her before posing for any photos. I don't really feel comfortable posing, I don't feel like a proper celebrity. Fuck, I shouldn't even be here. People don't know me for my work yet, they just know me as Tom Holland's girlfriend.

It's funny, as I started talking with Emily, our chat was live-streamed and the other content creators met with other celebrities as they walked the carpet. We spoke about my nerves, her nerves and the fact it was our first Golden Globes together. I made sure that when she asked me questions, I asked for her opinion or thoughts too, letting this actually be a two sided conversation rather than the typical one sided interrogation that interviews often are.