Forty Four | Velvet

TOM

Sovereign 818 is an exclusive members only event space in Soho, a must go place for any celebrity whilst they're here in London. Although the lower few levels were open to the public tonight, the rooftop level was rented out solely for the Bond event.

As much as it was our wrap party, it was treated more like a press release to boost hype for the movie. We had the film wrapped and in the can, but editing hadn't even fucking started. But somehow we were already doing publicity for it; kill me now.

Lining up at the bar, I put my hand on the curve of Y/N's lower back, lightly grazing my fingers along the material of her dress.

"Do you ever think about how we've started our relationship in the complete wrong pattern? Like all the steps are wrong," she laughed, looking at the cocktail menu in her hands.

"I don't think there are specific steps you need to follow," I said chuckling and shaking my head.

"Normally people in this day in age meet, flirt, have a one night stand and then start going on dates and kiss and whatever. But for us, we started dating, met properly, kissed, and then got to know each other. And we still haven't screwed," Y/N laughed tilting the menu towards me to see.

"Uh... Just order me an Old Fashioned. And with the whole shagging thing, we can always change that now that the contracts over and you're not worried anymore," I taunted.

"I just didn't want to put out and then it get weird between us and we have us still fake date afterwards. Imagine if we had sex early on and had to spend four months pretending to be into each other. But here we are, dating with no paperwork," she smiled, kissing my cheek lightly to not mess up her lipstick.

"Why would it be weird? You don't have like, a vagina with teeth or something do you?" I joked, not knowing why sex would make anything weird between us.

"Oh how did you know? Yeah, she bites hard," Y/N joked back.

We'd walked into the event with a clear mind and no set expectations, but upon entering, we were met with the faces of multiple celebrities and industry experts. I guess it really fit in with the whole elusive style of James Bond. It was very elegant, very exclusive and very debaucherous.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Haz and Grace sitting in a booth with my mate Tuwaine; none of which had told me they were coming tonight. And my own bloody brother Harry was sitting with them too.

"What the fuck?!" I yelled out cheerfully, pointing at them as Y/N and I came back from the bar with our drinks.

"Oh hey mate! Fancy seeing you here," Haz grinned, putting his drink down on the table as he stood up to shake my hand.

"None of you wanted to mention you were invited to this? Bastards!" I laughed, shaking Tuwaine's hand and giving Grace a kiss on the cheek before she hugged Y/N and squealed. They get along well so far, I think.

Y/N and I squished into the end of the booth for a while as we chatted shit about what we'd all been doing lately. Apparently Haz and Grace had gone to a music festival in Hackney and Tuwaine had been filming The Witchfinder.

"I'm just going to duck off to the bathroom, do any of you know where it is?" Y/N asked politely.

"Do you want me to come with you girl?" Grace offered grabbing her handbag off the table.

"I'll show her, we're at the end of the booth anyway. It's easier for us to get out than shuffle around for you in the middle Gracie," I laughed, standing up and pulling my suit jacket down to avoid creases.

Around the moonlit pool, people were taking numerous photos and posing, amongst excessive drinking and gossiping. You could always tell who the 'wannabe' celebrities were because they were inherently bitchy with one another. And they'd come up and introduce themselves in the utmost uncomfortable moments.