Chapter Thirty-Four

Second Person POV:

You got home about... 11:45 pm, considering you had to keep your eyes on the couple and all they wanted to do was stay out late. You walked in the front door and looked around, Lottie went to bed while Zane went home finally. You looked around for Archer. He was nowhere to be found. You sighed and walked to the bedroom deciding to finally go to bed. After what? Nine hours?

Archer's POV:

I looked at the clock and sighed. I probably won't be home today... I looked at the list and saw more papers coming off the printer. I got up and got the rest of them. I went through the list. Nobody knew. I sighed in relief. I highlighted the people who meant something to me and stapled the pages together. My phone buzzed on the table and I picked it up. I answered the phone, "Did I wake you up, Raven?" Lacey asked. "No no. I've been up. Don't worry." She giggled, "Oh good! I was wondering if you wanted to hang out!" I chuckled, "Aren't you like...19? You should be sleeping." She laughed, "C'mon. I don't have school anymore! And I don't have work tomorrow!"  I chuckled, "Well I do, Laces." She whined, "That's too bad... Then can I just talk to you for a while?" I looked at the clock, "You have fifteen minutes." She giggled, "Alright! How was your day?" I shrugged, "It was alright, kind of boring. What did you do today?" She giggled, "I went to the mall and bought myself big boy shoes! Now I'm almost as tall as you!" I gasped, "Almost as tall as me?! But I'm 6'2! Those must be tall platforms!" She giggled, "They are! Really tall! I love them!" I smiled, "Well that's good!" I said marking off names on the page, "Raven?" I looked over at the phone, "Yes, Laces?" I asked. "Can I tell you a secret?" She said. I stared, "Sure, what's up?" She sighed, "I feel really on edge... At work..." I paused, "Why?" She sighed, "These cars keep circling my shop every few hours, and they drive by so slow. It gets me worried they're going to shoot the shop..." I sighed. It's probably the guys at work..."Please, Lacey. Don't worry about it. Everything is going to be perfectly fine. I promise." She laughed, "Thank you, Raven..."