Chapter Forty

Second person POV:

You wake up to see you're all alone. Nobody there at all. "Archer..?" You called out. No response. You got up and looked around for someone. Anyone. Well, maybe not anyone. You heard the printer go off in Archer's office. You walked over, the door was open. You decided to let yourself in. You saw things printing on the printer, and looked at the papers on his desk. There was one paper covered in highlighters, they were all the people you knew, Lacey, Philly, Noah, Jammie...And then, you. Why the hell were you and your friend's name on here? You heard the door shut behind you. You turned around and saw Archer next to the door. "What are you doing in here..." He sounded mad. You hesitated. "W-Well, why are my friend's names on here?! Including mine!" He walked over and growled, "That's none of your concern." You moved so you were behind the desk, "It certainly is my concern!" He grabbed the paper from you and your wrist with the other hand. "Stay the hell out of this room, you hear me? Or else you're going to be the first one on this list who is marked off." Your eyes widened, "Archer what's wrong with you!? All I did was look at your list!" He growled, "All you did!? You've done way more than that in the two minutes you've been in here!" You looked around the room, it was so depressing, Archer did have all his weapons on the wall so that was nice... "Look, Archer. We both already know what you do for a living. You can share with me your pain and your frustration..."  He growled and pushed you to the side, sitting down in his chair ignoring you, continuing to work. "Have you killed anyone today..?" You asked, "What the hell do you think?!" Guess that was a no. "Why don't you go kill something. You'll probably feel better once you do." He got up and took a list. Grabbed a few weapons off the wall and went out the window... Honestly, why can't anyone in this house leave out of a door? You sighed and looked at his desk...He took the list with the highlighter on it. Fuck. This is bad. You got your phone out of your pocket and called up Noah. "What's up?" Noah said confused. "Please...Stay hidden for a few hours...For your safety..." He sighed, "Alright, whatever you say." They hung up, you called lacey. "Hii!" You took a deep breath, "Kid. I'm going to need you to stay inside for a while..." "I am inside silly! I'm at the bakery!" You sighed, "Hide. Please. For your safety..." "Mmmmmmm...Okayyyy." She said before she hung up. Who else was on that list...You couldn't remember. Your face filled with panic. "Oh god...This is really bad..." You got towards the window, then. It shut and locked. You couldn't get it back open. You ran towards the door. Locked...From the outside. Oh god no...You couldn't do anything.

Archer's POV:

I drove up to Muffin's old house. I told muffin we lived hours away from their old town, but we really don't.  I even made it look that way when we drove down the highways in circles. I got out of the car and walked towards muffin's old window. I crawled in since it was open. It was quiet until I heard a bottle open. I walked towards the sound. I found Philly. I shut the door and walked into the room he was in. "Who the hell are you..." He looked at me disgusted. "That's none of your business is it?" He growled, "What do you want..." He said looking back at the game on his tv. "What are your thoughts on your sibling?" He growled, "Them again? Why? Do you have a crush on them..? Sorry gramps, but you seem a little too old for them." I smiled, "Oh...Philly, that's where you're wrong." I walked over and pushed him against the wall. "You see...I hate to go into detail...But money's tight, and someone wants you dead." He tried to fight back but I just pushed him further into the wall, holding his neck. "I'm sorry you won't be at the wedding...It's a shame..." I pulled out a gun from my pocket and pointed it at his head. "Any last words, Philly?" He coughed for air, "Go...To...Hell..." I laughed, "Sure, I'll see you there." He kicked me pushing me back and got his pocket knife, stabbing me with it a few times. I groaned and grabbed him by his hair pulling the trigger until I was out of bullets. There was a whole round in it too. God...I know he's Muffin's brother, but the brat fucking stabbed me. I growled and picked up Philly and started walking towards the front door. I kicked it open and left it open. Make it look like someone came in and killed him. Well...I guess that is what happened. I brought him to my personal burn pile and set him in, then lighted him up. Like a Christmas tree. I smiled slightly watching him. After fifteen minutes, he looked like nobody could even give the police a description. I walked off marking him off the list. Lacey's name was next...I sighed, I really don't want to kill lacey, but I have no choice...They won't give me my pay until I do...And Lottie isn't making enough to pay the taxes on the house... I sighed getting back in my car. I got a rag and covered the bleeding area. I shook my head looking at myself in the mirror. "Everyone thinks you're getting soft...Do what you are told and kill. Do not screw this up. Unless you want to look like a total weak guy like when you were a teenager. Then go ahead. See if I give a damn." I decided it was time to stop fighting with myself. I started the car and drove towards the bakery. "Forgive me, Lacey..."

Lottie's POV:

I sat in bed staring at the ceiling. Here I am, with a kid, and their father is absolutely gone. I got up and walked to the window. I looked out and felt so...Depressed. Zane used to always come to my window and just want to be in the same room with me. He didn't care what we did...Anything as long as he was with me. I shut my eyes for a second, then saw Zane. I gasped then blinked a few more times. I opened the window. "Hey..." I said, What the hell was I supposed to say!? He grabbed my hands. "Lottie...I know yesterday was hard...Hell, it was your birthday and you got dumped...And I'm sorry...I just felt really uncomfortable knowing our dads..." I shook my head, "Yeah... If it makes you feel better, just imagine they didn't even know each other." I shrugged. He smiled, "That makes everything all better now." I smiled slightly, "You sure my dad didn't force you to come over here at gunpoint?" He shook his head. "No! Of course not!" He looked at me nervously, "It was a knife..." I sighed, "But you wanted to come over here...Right?" He nodded, "Of course! The moment I left the library I was..." He let go of one of my hands and pretended to read off it. "Re...Regretting it...Entirely.." I laughed and lightly smacked him. "Oh quit that!" He laughed, "But yes...I went back imminently after I said that to apologize...But you left already..." I smiled. "Thank you, Zane..." I leaned over and kissed his cheek. He frowned, "Oh. c'mon...Won't I get anymore thanks..?" I smiled, "Well, come in and you'll find out." I heard dad growl, "Zane you better stay the hell out of my daughter's bedroom!" He laughed nervously, "I-I was just kidding, Mr.Reed! I swear!" He growled, "You better be god damn kidding..." He looked at me nervously, "Why don't we just chill in the living room..?" I smiled slightly, "I'd like that." I helped him through the window and brought him inside. I'm sure Dad's partner wouldn't mind...