Chapter Forty-One

You know this story is going to be rough if the creator had to spend 15-25 minutes to stop crying. But hey, at least you know she has emotion? Decided to post it without art.

Lacey's POV:

I sat behind the counter waiting for rush hour. It was so slow today, not a single person. I sat on my spinny chair eating a cookie. Then, the bell rang on the door. I turned towards the door. "Hello, How- Archer?" He was covered in blood. "Oh my god! You're bleeding!" I ran over and held his hands. "We need to get you to a hospital!" I tried to drag him out the door. He pushed me away. "Archer! Let me help you!" I just walked over again and held his hands...he was crying. "Archer! What's wrong?! Other than the fact you are bleeding! Please let your best friend help." He pushed me away. I covered my mouth as he walked towards me. He got close, "Promise me... You'll stay safe..." I looked at him confused. "W-Why..?" He sniffled "Can you please...Move upstate...if my boss finds out you're alive... you and I are both are dead." I shook my head. "I'm not leaving Archer. I couldn't leave, I've got too many enjoyable things here..." He grabbed my shoulders, "Please! Laces...This is important...I don't want to lose you forever..." I stared at him and shook it off. "This isn't funny, raven! This prank of yours is dumb. I'm not falling for it!" He reached in his pocket showed me a paper, With highlighted names on it. Mine was on it, Philly...Was crossed out...Why..? I held it studying it. "I kill people Laces! You are on the list and I'm trying to help you out! But you have to trust me! Please!"  I shook my head. "No...You're just messing with me! I know you are! Just like Fulani!" Fulani was an old "friend"...She used to pull pranks on me that she was dead, and stuff like that. He growled, "This isn't a game! I'm being serious!"  He reached in his pocket and now had a knife in his hand...dried blood on it. "That's fake! You said you worked for a haunted house! It's a prop!" He slit his arm and I watched it bleed. My eyes widened."W-What are you going to do with that-" he looked at me crying. I backed up until I got into a corner.  I started crying in fear." A-Archer...P-Please..." "My... Apologies Lacey... You were...Never a real target of mine...But...It's the only way now..." He pushed his head to the side as he heavily cried. "Would you...Do a favor...for your best friend..?" I nodded slowly. "Rest in peace..." He stabbed my stomach, over, and over. I gasped and left so... so much pain.  "I'm sorry," He looked at me in tears. "Laces...I'll always remember you..." He whispered. "I enjoyed...Our time... together...Raven" I smiled feeling weak. Then...It was over. I guess a part of me wishes I put more trust in people...Maybe I would have listened to Archer...And maybe...I would have been included in this happily ever after...It didn't matter now...I wasn't going to stay mad at Archer...He's a good guy...No matter how much you fight me on this...I love the guy a lot...I just wish I had the chance to help him out...Now, like the good girl I am...I'll follow my last order...And rest in peace...

Second person POV:

Archer has been gone for six hours...No...Seven now...You sat on the chair watching the printer print. You picked up the paper and looked at it. A new list with people who you didn't know. "Huh..." The window opened and Archer walked into the room. "Well. How was it." You asked nervously. He didn't respond. He set the list down, him and the list covered in blood. His eyes were all puffy too...Like he had been crying. "Are you okay..?" He shook his head. You got up and he sat in the chair. His head rested on the table as he hit his fist on the table. "C'mon Archer, You can talk to me about this..." He looked at you, tears in his eyes. "Just...Go..." The door to the office opened. You sighed and walked out. The door shut behind you. I had a feeling Archer had to kill someone he didn't want to...You didn't get a peek of the list...So you had no idea...Maybe you should call Lacey? You looked at your phone. Dead. You sighed and set it down, you picked up the landline and heard voices. "So, Did you do it or what?" Someone asked. You put the phone on mute so they couldn't hear you and listened in. "Yes...I did." Archer's voice said. Did he do what..? "See, I told you he had the guts." A different voice said. How many people are on this line!? "Of course he does, It's Archer. He can kill anyone and not feel guilty. You should have seen him in war, killing machine." "Is my office fixed yet..." Archer asked. "Hm...I'd say it's about ready. When you come back tomorrow, I want all of those people on the list wiped off. Got it?" One demanded. Archer sighed, "Yes sir..." Another one laughed, "Good! Maybe we'll let you kill anyone after the lists are done." "Thank you, sir," Archer replied. "I've got to go now, It's late." Beep beep beep. You dialed Lacey's number. It rang, but no answer. Maybe she's asleep...It is late...You put the phone down and decided you should sleep too... Maybe Archer will feel better in the morning...