Chapter Thirty-Nine

⚠️The song above is for the last part at the very end. DO NOT listen to it until you read the whole thing. Or don't, I'm not your mom.⚠️

Archer's POV:

I woke up to the smell of sausage and toast. "Hm..?" I sat up and looked around. I saw Lottie with a plate of food. "I uh...Made  a little too much food." She handed it to me. "You sure you didn't make this for me because you care..?" I said smiling. She shook her head, "If you don't want it I'll give it to mom-... The other one..." I smiled, "Thank you, princess." She smiled slightly sitting next to me. "You have work today..?" she asked. I shook my head, "Working from home... They can't get my door open after I slammed it." She laughed slightly, "You gotta realize how strong you are!" I smiled and shrugged, "I mean, I'm not that strong." She started at me and I laughed. "So...I was wondering..." "Hm?" I looked over. "What's the thing on the coffee table...It's been covered with a sheet for a while now.." I chuckled, "The old player your great grandfather left us." She gasped, "That was my favorite when I was a kid!" I stood up and removed the sheet. I walked to a box and pulled out a record. I put it on and held my hand out, Lottie's favorite song when she was young played. "Well, you still aren't tall enough, but hey, neither was your mother." I smiled. "May I have this dance?"

Lottie's POV:

When I was little...Mom used to always dance with dad to this song. And when I was little, I practiced and practiced so I would learn how it was done, by the time I learned it. I was still too tiny to do it with the 6'2 male. I can't believe the old man still remembers... I smiled slightly and took his hand.  It was just a simple Waltz. Dad smiled and started singing the vocals, just like he used to when I was a kid. It was nice being reminded of the past...I looked towards the hall and saw Dad's lover. Standing and watching him sing. I smiled and watched them pull out their phone. I'm assuming they started taking a video. Archer started to dip me downwards. He kissed my forehead. "Have a wonderful birthday sweetie." He stood me upright and hugged me. I smiled, "Thank you..." I got my purse and started walking towards the door.  

(If anyone wants to hear, the song was Heartaches by Al bowley)

Archer's POV:

I turned around and saw Muffin recording me. I turned back and sat on the couch. Oh god... They laughed, "Aw, c'mon! That was sweet." I just nodded, "Have you eaten yet?" I nodded. "Are you alright? You seem distant..." They asked walking towards me. "It's N-Nothing..." I said nervously. "C'mon...We've been together for a long time... You can talk to me about anything." I shook my head. "Please. I just...Don't wanna talk about it." They nodded "Well...when you feel like talking, I'm here for you." They touched my hair causing me to flinch. They sat next to me and held my hand. "It's gonna be alright..." I shook my head  "No it won't...I feel horrible about it..." They held my hands, "Archer. I want to help you. But I need to know what is wrong first..." they sighed. I looked at them in fear.  "I-I cheated on you..." Their eyes widened. "I'm...Sorry..Y-You what?" I shook my head, "I went to Jammie's house...A-And I was very flustered...And it ended up bad...But he didn't do anything really wrong! E-Except the hickeys..." They looked closely at my neck, "Oh my god you do have them," They shook their head. "C'mon, don't feel bad...You didn't cheat on me..." He looked over, "I-I didn't..?"  God I felt so clueless...I mean sure...I have only been with one girl...I really don't know how relationships work...but I still felt bad. They smiled and held my cheeks, "No... You didn't want him to...You just had to let it happen" I smiled "Thank you for understanding..." They smiled and kissed my cheek. "Of course.. Why don't we just watch TV for a few hours... To get your mind off it." I nodded.

*Lottie's new job is as a librarian, a simple job that pays her enough. At the moment it is her one break right before she gets off work, yeahhh there is no lunch break so. She just has to suffer. But she's spending it with Zane!

Lottie's POV:

I smiled, "How has your day been?" Zane shrugged, "Fine..." I nodded, "Just fine?" He sighed, "Yeah...I've been... thinking a lot." I looked over-curious. "About what?" He sighed looking at his feet. "I...I don't know about the whole...Us engaged thing..." It felt like I got a punch to the gut. "Yes! I love you and all! It's just...It's a lot to give up...I just think...We should take a break..." I looked down at the table. Seeing tears fall on my book. "M-Mhm..." He stood up, "I'm glad you understand..." Then, just like he came into my life, he was gone in a flash. I picked up my phone and tried to call dad for advice. It rang twice before it picked up. "D-Dad can please help me-" "We're sorry. The person you are trying to reach has a voice mailbox that has not been set up yet..." I sighed and hung up. Great his phone must be dead...I got up and looked at the window "It's late...I should get home." I picked up my purse and my book. Wiping my tears. My makeup is probably all shitty now. I got in my car and started removing my makeup. Then drove the 18 minutes to my house. I walked in and was greeted by the darkness. I sighed and set my bag down. I kicked my shoes off and walked towards my room. I open the door and saw a few little flames in the dark. I turned on the light and saw dad holding a cake, I looked at the clock. 11:29 pm. I smiled, "You waited..?" He nodded. I walked over, "And you did the candles all by yourself..." He chuckled, "I...Thought I should get over it by now." He smiled looking at me.  I walked over, he hummed happy birthday to me and I blew the candles out. He smiled, "What do you wish for?" I looked at him without hesitation, "To live a quiet, peaceful life. With my dad, and his partner." He smiled and set the cake on my desk. Then his smile faded, "Now. What's wrong sweetie..?" I looked at him confused, "What? W-What do you mean?-" he shook his head, "I know that look. You're upset about something." I sighed, "Zane said we should take a break...He might be regretting the whole... Marriage idea...All my friends don't want to hang out with me too...Everyone is leaving..." I looked up at him feeling tears form. "I'm sorry dear...I'm sorry...For everything happening right now...I know it's a lot...And I should have listened instead of avoiding it..." I shook my head, "I just want to be home all day...But home doesn't feel like home anymore... There are too many bad memories..." I saw him hesitate to even say anything. "I...I'm sorry...I don't have the words..."  "A-Are you going to leave too..? Go away...where...I can't find you..?" I started crying. He looked over, "What..? No...No. No never. I'd never do that..." He'd hug me. "Never." I hugged him back. "... You're probably too old for this...But...How about a lullaby..? It calmed you down when you were younger..." I smiled, "That'll probably..keep my mind off things..." He set me on the bed and pulled the covers over me. He stood there thinking of a song then got it. 

Second person POV:

You'd stood in the doorway hearing Archer sing. A part of you just...Had a feeling that everything was going to be alright. You would have a wonderful life with this man and his daughter.