Diabetes

Age 11
Rose is 2
Tuesday, Feb 12
6:30 pm

You guys get home from your basketball game and yawn " mama I'm thirsty." Scarlett sits down the pizza and lets go of Rose's hand " ok bubs. Let me go get plates."  Rose waddles after Scarlett. You sit down and rub your eyes. You sigh and run to the bathroom.  Once you come back Scarlett has everything set. She looks " you went to the bathroom again?" you nod and sigh " mama my head hurts." Scarlett touches your forehead " you feel fine. You are most likely hungry. Sit down sweets." you sit down and eat some pizza and drink water. Scarlett notices you drink 5 glasses of juice. You help your mom clean up afterward and get ready for bed. You take a bath and your mom tucks you in " you must be tired my sweet boy. It is barely 8. You nod and rub your eyes " can I have water?" Scarlett nods and smiles " I will be back." she picks up Rose and goes to get you water. Afterward, she puts rose to bed and lays down watching Netflix. She grabs her phone and researches what could be going on with you. She rubs her face and calls Benjamin. Benny picks up;
Benny:  Hey Scar what is up?
Scarlett: hey I was reading something and I notice some things with y/n
Benny: like what?
Scarlett: he might have diabetes. He has been going to the bathroom a lot he is always tired and is drinking a lot.
Benny: ok and what are we going to do? Want me to make an appointment?
Scarlett: I will. Don't worry. And I let you know if anything is going on. I'm hoping it isn't. Just for his sake.
Benny: just keep me updated, please.
Scarlett: I will

3 days later
Friday 12:30

Scarlett pulls you out of school and your smile " mama can we go get food? I'm starving!" Scarlett smiles " of course but afterward, I have some snacks in the car." You nod and sigh " where are we going?" Scarlett unlocks the car and helps you and buckles you in. And Scarlett smiles at you " it is a surprise" you make a face "  mama last time you said that I had to get shots." Scarlett chuckles " not this time. Don't worry." you guys drive to the doctor and you groan  " mama. I don't want to go." Scarlett parks " buddy this is important. We can get ice cream after." you unbuckle and follow your mom to the doctor she cheeks in as you play with the legos. He calls you in about 10 minutes later and Scarlett grabs your hand and walks you in. She describes what going on with you and the doctor nods " it does sound like Kids' diabetes. I'm going to pull some blood to see your glucose levels. Can I have your finger?" you shake your head and look at your mom scared. She holds your hand and holds you close " it is ok. It will be ok. You won't feel anything."  you nod and give me your finger. He pricks you and you cry out and snuggle into your mom. The doctor smiles " see that wasn't bad." you glare at him and he goes running your blood. He comes back and sighs "  ok Miss. Johansson, I'm sorry your son does have diabetes. So cause he is active there will be highs and lows with his blood sugar. When it is high he is going to have to pee a lot and feel tired. And if it is low shakey, anxious, tired, and has a headache. I would also be checking his blood sugar in the middle of the night. It can get dangerous that is why I recommend you get a dog who trains in detecting that." you smile " we can get a dog?" Scarlett chuckles " I don't see why not." the doctor nods " also we have to keep the same diet he is on. He is eating healthy anyways. I will send shots to your house they are useful when his blood sugar is low and he is too tired to eat. When his sugar is low orange juice is the best choice." 
After finding out about your diabetes your mom got you a train golden retriever name buddy he sleeps with you every night and wakes your mom up when your sugar is low and high.

You run in from your basketball game and buddy barks and runs to you. You pet him and smile "hi buddy." Scarlett sets olive garden down and smiles " let me cheek your sugar bubs before dinner." you groan and sit down as your mom pulls out the kit.  She pricks your finger and you sigh annoyed as Rose looks at you " mama why do you hurt bubba?" Scarlett " I'm not. I'm checking his sugar." you sigh " am I good?" Scarlett nods " yes buddy. let eat" your mom serves you and Rose and you guys have a nice dinner. And you take a shower and your mom puts you and rose to sleep. Buddy lays next to you and Scarlett pets him. You yawn " night mama. Love you, mama." Scarlett kisses your head " I love you more love bug. Go to sleep ok." you snuggle with Buddy. And fall asleep. At 1:30 Buddy runs to Scarlett's room and barks he licks her face and barks. She sits up " buddy?" she quickly gets up and runs to your room he barks and runs after her. She grabs the kit and wakes you up. You groan " mama I'm tired." Scarlet nods " I know bubs but let cheek your sugar." you sit up as she pricks your finger and you sniffle. She sighs as she sees it low " ok I'm going to grab you orange juice I will be back." you nod and close your eyes " she shakes her hand " nope don't fall asleep. Buddy watch him." he barks and lays with you as Scarlett gets you juice and comes back " here babe. Drink this then we will cheek it again." you nod and yawn. Your mom didn't leave your side until you feel better.

Vote
Leave requests
Love you guys.