Chapter 7

Noah's POV

I stood there confused, what have I done? He never cuts me off... I waited until he'd disappeared before turning back and walking to the railing, resting my arms over the side. Is it because of Luca and how I'd been? But Wesley knows my personality by now... or I'd like to think he did. I'm so confused!
"Are you okay?" Ralph walked up beside me curiously. I turned my head and smiled slightly, then gazed out across the water.
"Not exactly, but don't worry. I've been worse, trust me."
"Tell me what's wrong Noah." He pushed looking up at me with a kind smile. I shrugged and didn't necessarily talk directly to him, but I spoke out at the horizon instead.
"I feel as if Wesley and I are drifting apart. We've only been together a short while and just now, he cut me off like I didn't matter. He's never done that, so I know there is something wrong. Why do people do that? Why do they, after some length of time, drift? I thought we were forever but..." I sighed and then stopped, looking at him with a sorry smile. "It's alright, we should probably look for Luca and Wesley, and go back to the ship." I pulled back on the railing a little, and then started to walk in the direction Wesley had gone.
"Alright, Hey Noah. Just don't be sad nothing lasts forever." Ralph said softly, looking at me with bright blue eyes. "I mean...sorry I don't know what I'm saying." He ran up next to me. I chuckled slightly, and threw my left arm over the top of his shoulders.
"Dude, you're funny. Thank you."
He smiled up at me and flipped his blue bangs out of his eyes, "Really? I never noticed." He smiled blushing slightly. At that moment something happened and it shouldn't have... his blushing had me feeling intrigued. I found myself thinking he was cute, blushing like that. I'm terrible. I'm happy with Wesley, he's so amazing and we've been through so much... I love him. Although I couldn't remove my arm from his shoulders. Instinctively I pulled him into me and nuzzled his hair.
"Indeed, you make me laugh anyway. And I found this..." I poked his cheek whilst still walking, and keeping my gaze fixed forward. "Incredibly adorable. You're too cute for words."
"I am?" He asked confused like he'd never been called that before. I finally looked at him and grinned.
"You are." Is all I said, pulling him tighter only this time making it clear it was an actual hug.
"Thanks, I've never been told that before..." He blushed looking down. This isn't good... oh dear, this is not good at all. I feel the urge to kiss him... NO! I mentally scolded myself, I have Wesley I am happy, even if he did cut me off. I glanced at his mouth and then groaned in frustration... why does he have to fucking cute?
Ralph blinked for a moment, "Lu..Luca cut me off too." he said in sadness. I stopped then, slightly confused.
"Hang on, you can have conversations with Luca through your mind, too?"
"Yeah, He was the first one who was given it, then I was given the other half." He said softly. I lowered my head, I wonder what is going on. Why can't people just be honest?
"This is messed up... I haven't got a clue what's real anymore. One minute you think you're happy and in love with someone and then..." I stopped just before I probably freaked him out with my discoveries.
"Maybe, but maybe they just weren't right for you." Ralph suggested and smirked slightly, "You just never know, maybe it wasn't meant to be." I looked at him, my heart becoming so fast, I could barely breathe. Had this happened with Wesley? I clenched my fists at my sides and kept denying the possibilities.
"No, no... because Wesley and I have been through a lot and I do love him... everyone goes through a rough patch... perhaps he just needs a little break. He's probably even tired." I think it just made me sound desperate rather than defensive. I moistened my lips and glanced upward. I can't do this... you couldn't possibly be in love with two people. I shouldn't even entertain kissing him but he's so tempting... I glanced back down... god is he tempting.
"Noah, You sound desperate..." He smiled slightly, "It's like one of those Glee shows." He chuckled a little then looked up at me, "The way that Wesley is acting, maybe he does need a break or something... or he likes Luca? and is trying to deny it?" I began to pace slightly annoyed that he'd even suggest it.
"Ralph, Wesley is not the type to do something like that. I trust him and if... no, he wouldn't okay, he just wouldn't." I became so wound up that I ended up spinning round and punching a hole in a nearby tree. Then I hunched over and cursed loudly.
"Dammit to high heaven,that hurt! You stupid fucking tree! OW!"
Ralph looked at me and bursted out in laughter, but calmed down and walked over to me and took my hand then kissed it. The pain vanished, "There silly, don't hurt yourself." He smiled up at me. I felt my heart jolt again and scanned his face, painfully. I can't fight it... I shut my eyes slowly and whispered to no-one in particular.
"Please forgive me."
I leaned down after bringing my uninjured hand up to caress his face and then brought him closer, gently pecking his lips... so gently it was maybe a light brush... kind of non-existent.
Ralph closed his eyes and kissed me back. With the invitation now out there, I ignored the throbbing pain in my hand and held either side of his neck, smoothing my thumbs over his jawline. I deepened the kiss without seeking his permission for my tongue, and just gave it to him instead. He sighed slightly and brought up his tongue to play with mine, and he immediately found my tongue ring and started petting it with his tongue. The kiss suddenly became really passionate, and with a deeper urgency I found myself backing him toward another tree. I grabbed his hands, pinning them above his head and grinned into the kiss.
"Oh, it is definitely nice to meet you."
Ralph smiled, "You too. Now kiss me." He said, hmm he doesn't tease. I decided to push my luck just a little and picked him up by his waist, placing his legs around me. His back was supported by the tree and I ended up kissing him roughly instead of gentle. Something told me he could totally handle it. He kissed me back the same way and ran his hands through my hair. I came up for a bit of air after a moment or two and whispered, biting his bottom lip.
"I totally want you right now." I trailed my tongue over his bottom lip and then down his throat, biting his neck playfully.
"I know you do." He moaned slightly, "But we need to get back to the ship. And you and Wesley need to have a talk." I continued to kiss his neck and slightly rubbed against him.
"I know.You're just... I can't seem to stop myself. I think I'll be having a cold shower after my conversation with Wesley. I find myself crippled, I didn't know this kind of passion existed and I feel awful for saying that." I buried my head in the crook of Ralph's neck. My hands trailed from his waist to rest underneath him.
"It's probably because you've been too worried you'd break Wesley." He smiled softly. "After you talk to him, come to me and I'll comfort you alright sweetie?" I lifted my head and grinned, and through a peck on his lips I spoke seductively.
"Oh I'll definitely be heading to you. You have a problem that needs to be solved too, and once I know you're in your room, hurting... I'll come and rescue you." I bit his bottom lip again.
"Be certain you don't forget hun." He smiled at me, "I find your eyes alluring." I groaned in frustration and then as I began to set him back on his feet, I made sure his body slid down mine, just so he was clear on the effect he was having on me.
Ralph looked up at me with his bright blue eyes and flipped his blue hair out of them, "You have a problem too." He smiled, "Now come on." He listened for a moment, "Yeah we should go now. It's getting dark and zombies will be coming out." I took his hand in mine and hugged him close to me, as we walked... just like before. I spoke softly.
"I'll protect you from the zombies, my sexy little fox."
"What an adorable name, does that mean I'm adorable?" Ralph batted his eyes at me and smiled.

We walked to the ship, and now it was time to talk to Wesley. Ralph had wished me good luck after he pecked my cheek when we got inside. I had been walking around the ship, looking in possible rooms, but had come up short. I'd stumbled on Bella and the others in the living room, playing twister... they'd ignored me. Luca wasn't with them though.
Finally I came to our room... I felt sick now, after having a make-out session with Ralph. Oh geez, now that I think about it rationally I should have had this talk with Wesley FIRST before giving in to my demons. I opened the door, and found Wesley sitting on the bed. I stood there for a moment before I came to the middle of the room and spoke quietly.
"Wesley... are you okay?"
Wesley looked up at me and smiled slightly, "Yeah, I just don't this is working anymore you and me..." He looked away. Okay so before people get pissy with me for kissing the face off of Ralph... Wesley had mentally broken up with me anyway. Although I didn't feel any better about it. I walked to him and crouched down between his legs and took his hands.
"Wesley, look at me please. I need to know why you think it isn't working. There has to be reason because just this morning you said you'd marry me if I asked you. What's changed?" I wasn't angry, I just wanted those answers... calmly.
Wesley looked at me and sighed, "I just don't feel the connection anymore... I know you feel the same way... I still love you just maybe not as much as I use to. Like an older brother kind..." He wrapped his arms around me in a hug, "I'm sorry." I can't say that it made me happy... infact quite the opposite. I was crushed. I felt the tears surface, but... I knew it was true. Which is probably why it hurt more.
"Wesley... I think you're right. I mean, I just made out with Ralph... and I wouldn't have done that if... I just wouldn't have done it. I'm so sorry... Wesley. I'm so sorry." I held him to me, gripping his shirt tightly then whispered. "I am just glad that you will always remain my first love, Wesley. Always."
"Same here, and wait you made out with Ralph." He started to giggle, "How was that, I'm sure he isn't a tease." Wesley pulled away from me and kissed my forehead, "I'll continue to treat you like a best friend okay Will?"
I shut my eyes slowly as tear fell, then brought my hand up to caress his face. "Only you're allowed to call me Will. And... I really hope you can find someone worthy of you. I'd hate to think of anyone mistreating you."
He brushed away my tear and kissed my nose, "Yeah just remember, if I hear Ralph calling you William, I'll flip. I don't even care if I'm not your boyfriend anymore. He'll be good for you, he seems to be kind and funny and lightens the mood. You need that. Now go to him, I'll collect my items and take up the other room beside this one okay?" Wesley hugged me again, then stood up and made me stand up. As I went to the door, I turned on my heel and gave him a small smile.
"I really hope you are happy. Just... trust in your instincts, okay? And... I love you." I opened the door and stepped out of the room, feeling so different... so torn between happy and broken... we'd been so happy this morning and now we were over, just like that. I sighed, and made my way toward the top deck to gather my thoughts.

(*author talking together* Totally I love both of them including The other two Yup!!! me too. It's difficult to pick favourites, however, Luca is one that I lean more toward, it could be how he's created. :D
same with Wesley)