Chapter 9: The Doctor/Heart of Stone

Enchanted Forest...

Elaine, Emma, Mary Margaret, Aurora and Mulan were walking back to the haven, "I don't know if I can do this. I'm not a very good liar," Aurora said.

"Oh, it's not really a lie, Aurora. Lancelot did die an honourable death, and Cora did escape. All true. Just leave the particulars to us. There's no reason to cause unnecessary panic amongst your people," Mary Margaret said.

"I'm not so sure it's unnatural-," Aurora began to say.

Mulan noticed the guard tower was empty, "Wait," They all stopped walking, "The tower. We always have sentries guarding the entrance. Stay close," Mulan said.

The four of them entered the area below the guard tower, the haven, where they found piles of corpses strewn across the field.

"Oh my God..." The Swan twins said.

"This can't be... Our land... We were protected here, hidden. How did the ogres find us?" Mulan asked.

Mary Margaret noticed that the bodies all had bloodied chested, "Ogres didn't do this," Mary Margaret said.

"What?" Mulan asked.

"Cora did. Their hearts... They were ripped out. This is her magic, twisted and evil. We have to stop her," Mary Margaret said.

"Too late. She killed them. She killed them all," Mulan said.

"Well, we have to stop her before she hurts anyone else!" Mary Margaret said.

Elaine noticed a hand waving under a stack of bodies, "Hey! Hey! Look!" Elaine said as she and Emma rushed towards the stack of bodies.

"There's someone under there," Aurora said and she helped the Swan twins to free the person.

"He's alive," Swan twins said in relief.

"Please," Captain Hook said, he looked at them, scared and he looked at Elaine he stopped moving.

"It's okay," Mary Margaret said softly.

"Please, help me," Captain Hook begged.

"It's okay. You're safe now. We won't hurt you," Mary Margaret said.

"Thank you. Thank you..." Captain Hook said as he looked at Elaine again.

Elaine looked at him and froze, "El?" Emma placed her hand on her sister's arm, "You okay?" Emma asked and Elaine snapped out of it.