Chapter 37: Welcome to Storybrooke

Flashback: 1983

Somewhere in Maine, Kurt Flynn and his son, Owen Flynn, were camping in the woods. Kurt was teaching Owen how to correctly make a plastic lanyard keychain.

"Yeah, there you go. That's it. A little tighter. Now pull the loops, as tight as you can," Owen pulled on the plastic tightly, "Ah, look at that. I mean, it's not bad for your first one," Kurt said.

"Green and red, like Luke and Darth's lightsabers," Owen said.

"Hey. Here is one for your collection," Kurt took out a lanyard from his car keys, "Your, uh, grandpa taught me how to make these when I was your age," Kurt said.

"You're giving it to me? It's mine now?" Owen looked at it, "You weren't very good at this when you were my age were you?" Owen said.

"Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha," Owen laughed, "Alright, smart guy," Kurt looked at his water, "Yeah, time to get dinner starter," Kurt said and a strong gust of wind picked up

"What is that?" Owen asked.

"Probably an electrical storm," Lightning struck across the sky, it was very loud and very close to them, "Put the fire out," Kurt and Owen put the fire out together, "Get in the tent!" Kurt said.

"Dad!" Owen yelled as he ran into the tent.

Owen looked back out at the tent and saw a green-purple smoke coming towards them, his father saw the smoke too before he entered the tent. Kurt held his son close, "Owen, we'll be alright, kid," Kurt said.

Later in the morning, they both got out of the tent and saw their campsite was totally wrecked, trees were knocked to the ground and a tree had fallen and crushed Kurt's car

"Whoa... What kind of storm was that?" Owen asked.

"It's a big one," Kurt said.