Chapter 34: The Queen is Dead

New York...

Faye, Emma, Daniella, Katy Julia, Henry, Mr Gold, Elaine and Neal were walking back to Neal's apartment. Daniella looked at Katy, "Do you draw like Uncle Neal does?" Daniella asked.

"Uh, no... I don't have any creative instincts... What about you?" Katy asked.

"I write," Daniella said and Katy smile.

Henry and Julia walked either side of Mr Gold, behind Daniella and Katy, "So, should we call you grandpa, now?" Henry asked.

"Call me whatever you'd like," Mr Gold said.

"But what do you want?" Julia asked.

Neal and Elaine trailed behind them, "They're good kids," Neal said.

"Yep," Elaine said.

"Hey," He took hold of her arm and they stopped walking, "I'm trying my best here," Neal said.

"I know. We all are. It's just, we're going to have to go back. To our home," Elaine said.

"I'm just getting to know them," Neal said.

"Then maybe... Maybe you should come with us," Elaine said.

"To Storybrooke?" Neal said.

"I've seen your apartment. You don't have a lot going on here," Elaine said.

"Looks can be deceiving," Neal said.

"Mhm, yeah definitely," Elaine said and turned to leave but Neal stopped her.

"Listen... There's something I've been meaning to tell you," Neal said.

"Okay... What is it?" Elaine asked.

"It's complicated," Neal said.

"Well that hasn't changed about you," Elaine said, Neal smiled and shook his head slightly.

Henry walked to them, "So, Neal, do you think we can take the subway?" Henry asked.

"Yeah. Sure, of course. Let's go get that camera," Neal said.

They all arrived at the apartment building and entered the lobby, "Come on," Julia said.

"Here. I got it," Neal unlocked the door, he, Julia, Henry, Daniella and Katy headed for the apartment, while Emma, Faye, Elaine and Mr Gold stayed behind, "So after this, maybe Times Square?" Neal suggested as they walked up the stairs.

"Come on Katy, I wanna show you something," Daniella said.

"Right behind you," Katy said.

Mr Gold looked at Elaine, "So, uh, did you talk to him?" Mr Gold asked.

"He said it's complicated," Elaine said.

"Oh, I see," Mr Gold said.

"That much hasn't changed with him," Emma said.

"Well, maybe he just needs some time, papa," Faye said.

Suddenly, Captain Hook ambushed them in the lobby, then knocked Emma to the ground, shoved Elaine to the ground and knocked Faye into the metal bars. He lunged for Mr Gold and pinned him against the metal gate then stabbed him in the chest with his hook.

 He lunged for Mr Gold and pinned him against the metal gate then stabbed him in the chest with his hook