Chapter 22: Queen of Hearts

Enchanted Forest...

Emma was banging the door of the cell with her sword, while the rest of them watched her and Elaine was pacing backwards and forward, "We aren't going to break it down, Emma. It was enchanted to hold Rumpelstiltskin. We don't have a chance," Mary Margaret said.

"This is my fault," Aurora said.

"No, it's mine. Cora stole your heart because I failed to protect you," Mulan said.

"That's very sweet, but I believe it's my fault. I'm one of the saviours, and I've not been doing much saving, have I? Hence... We're locked in a cell," Elaine said and walked up to the bars and leaned against them.

 We're locked in a cell," Elaine said and walked up to the bars and leaned against them

"It's not your fault," Emma said.

"If I trusted Hook, maybe he wouldn't have done this," Elaine said.

"Don't doubt yourself," Emma said.

"We're going to win this fight, you know girls," The Swan twins look at their mother, "Good always defeats evil," Mary Margaret said.

"You sound like Henry and Julia," Elaine said.

"Guess optimism runs in the family," Mary Margaret said.

"I think it skipped a generation," Emma said and Elaine nodded.

"You both should know better than anybody. You both broke the curse," Mary Margaret said.

"What have we done since then? I got us stranded over here, burned down wardrobe, let Cora get the ash," Emma said.

"And now, Cora has the compass. The only reason we ever broke the curse, we because it was exactly what Gold wanted us to do. We had nothing to do with it?" Elaine said.

"What are you talking about?" Mary Margaret said.

"He told you we were the saviours. It was his plan. Once we fulfilled that role, maybe that's all we were ever meant to do. Everything we've ever done... He had it all mapped out before we were ever born. We're not powerful. We're... We're not... Saviours. We're names on a piece of paper. We're pawns and that's exactly why we are in here and Cora's on her way to Storybrooke," Elaine said.

Meanwhile, Cora and Captain Hook were travelling through a field, "Where are we going?" Captain Hook asked.

"Lake Nostos. The legend says its waters hold the power to restore what was once lost. It'll return magic to what remains of this wardrobe. And then, we'll be able to cross worlds," Cora said.

The two of them arrived at the dried-up Lake Nostos, "I may be a simple pirate, but... I know one thing, lakes have water," Captain Hook said as they stood near the middle of the lake.

Cora waved her hand in front of her and a small vortex magically formed in the middle of the former lake then a geyser of water shot up from the ground. Cora looked at him, "After everything we've been through, why do you still doubt me?" Cora questioned.