Chapter 36: The Miller's Daughter

Flashback

In the tower, Young Cora was attempting to spin straw into gold without any success while Rumpelstiltskin watched her, "Ugh! It's not happening," Young Cora said.

"You just need to stop thinking about it. Magic is about emotion. Summon up that moment that made you so angry, you would've killed if you could," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"You do that?" Young Cora asked.

"I do," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"What's your moment?" Young Cora asked.

"Once, a man made me kiss his boots in front of my son and daughter before she saw me as her father. Now, in my mind, I go back and I rip out his throat, and I crunch his veins with my teeth. And that, dearie, is how magic is made," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Bloodlust," Young Cora said.

"I like the phrase. Let me help you," Rumpelstiltskin said and he placed his hands on her shoulders and sat behind her at the spinning wheel.

Cora resumed her attempt at spinning straw into gold as she spoke in a trance-like state, "They made me kneel. I didn't do anything wrong, but they made me apologise, to a child. I realised, no matter how good I was, or how hard I worked... I was never going to be more than I am now," Young Cora said.

"What do you want to do to them?" Rumpelstiltskin asked as he ran his hands down her arms brushing his nose against his neck to her shoulder, which he lightly kissed.

"I want to make them bow. I want their kneecaps... To crack and freeze on the stones. I want their necks to break from bending," Young Cora said in the trance-like state.

Rumpelstiltskin noticed the straw, "Look," He said.

Young Cora snapped out of it as the spinning wheel jammed, she saw that the piece of straw had turned into gold, "I did it. I'm going to live," Young Cora said as she turned to Rumpelstiltskin.

"You're going to do much more than that, dearie. Don't stop... Until they are on their knees," Rumpelstiltskin said as their faces were millimetres from each other.

"Let's keep going," Young Cora said and turned back to the spinning wheel and continued.

♥✨♥✨♥✨♥✨♥✨♥

The next morning, Young Cora sat in front of a crowd at the castle as she successfully spun straw into gold for King Xavier. Priscilla stood at the young prince's side as she looked up she saw Rumpelstiltskin watching from the crowd. Young Cora brought a strand of gold to the King for appraisal, "Here. Here's your gold," Young Cora said.