Chapter 48: And Straight on 'Til Morning

At the Storybrooke Mines, Elaine, Katy, Emma and Regina were walking through the mines towards the trigger, "Do you guys feel that?" Emma asked as she felt being sucked out of the air.

"I can feel it. It's like the oxygen's being sucked out of the air," Elaine said.

"Not the oxygen. The magic," Regina said.

"Oh, feels like oxygen..." Elaine said.

"It feels the same when it's being destroyed," Regina said.

"Explains a lot," Elaine said.

"You two enjoy your chat?" Katy asked.

"Not really..." They answered as they turned a corner and see the diamond floating in the air, still glowing blue as the four women approached it.

"There it is. Once it stops glowing, its destruction is achieved, and then well, then we'll see the real carnage. I'll try to contain its energy as long as I can," Regina said as she stood behind the diamond.

"It won't be long, we'll have the bean soon, then we can get the hell out of here," Emma said.

"Slowing the device is going to require all the strength I have," Regina said.

"You're not coming with us, are you? When you said goodbye to the kids, you were saying goodbye," Emma said.

Regina looked at them tearfully, "They know I love them, don't they?" Regina asked.

"Of course they do, but, Regina, no," Elaine said.

"Mom, no, there has gotta be another way," Katy said.

"You were right, you know. Everything that's happening it's my fault. I created this device. It's only fitting that it takes my life," Regina said as she looked at Elaine.

"What am I supposed to tell our kids?" Elaine asked.

"Tell them that in the end, it wasn't too late for me to do the right thing," Regina said as she smiled sadly.

"Regina, please..." The Swan twins said.

"Everyone looks at me as the Evil Queen, including my children. I may die as Regina," Regina said.

"Mom," Katy said as tears fell from her eyes and stepped forward to try and stop her but Regina smiled at her and put her hands in front of the diamond and a light of magic connect her to the diamond.

At the pawnshop, the outside was overrun with vine plants as Mr Gold was pouring a drink for himself and Lacey inside the shop, "To the end of the world," He offered the drink to her but she hesitated, "Come on, it'll help numb it," Mr Gold said.

"I, uh, I'll drink to that," She reached for her drink but ended up spilling it, "Oh, I...I'm so sorry. Uh, here, I got it," Lacey said and grabbed Baelfire's shawl and used it to clean up the wine.

"Stop! Stop! Put that down!" Mr Gold said.

"It's just an old rag," Lacey said.

Mr Gold took it from her, "It belonged to someone very important. You wouldn't understand," Mr Gold said.

"I said I'm sorry," Mr Gold looked at her, realising what he had to do, he opened the safe behind them and brought out the remains of the chipped teacup then he used his magic to repair it, "A chipped cup," Lacey nodded her head, "What is it?" She asked.

"It's something from my past. For our past. And I'm sorry... Let's not fight," Mr Gold said and he poured the blue potion into the cup and a tumbler glass.

 Let's not fight," Mr Gold said and he poured the blue potion into the cup and a tumbler glass