Chapter 20: Into The Deep

Enchanted Forest...

The crow that Cora ordered to go find the group of women, reached them in the forest, they were walking, looking for Aurora and he Cora sat on Mary Margaret's shoulder and the three other women drew their weapons.

"Wait," Mary Margaret said and the crow cawed at Mary Margaret a few times before flying off.

"What the hell was that?" Emma asked.

"Cora. We have until sundown to bring her the compass. If we don't, she'll kill Aurora," Mary Margaret said.

Mulan turned to Elaine, "Give it to me," Mulan said.

"Hold on, Mulan. Just give us a minute to consider," Elaine said.

"There's nothing to consider. A compass is not with Aurora's life," Mulan said.

"We need a plan to get Aurora and keep the compass," Mary Margaret said

"My vow to Phillip was to protect Aurora. That promise is all that is left of him, so it shall be done," Mulan said and she tried to pull the compass out of Elaine's hands.

"Hey. Hey!" Elaine pulled it back and they both struggled against each other, "I climbed a beanstalk for this. You go get your own," Elaine said.

"Give it to me!" Mulan said.

"Mulan. Mulan!" Emma said and she pushed Mulan away.

"Give us a few hours, please. If we haven't defeated Cora by then, you can have the compass," Mary Margaret said.

"You can't help to defeat her. We no longer have access to the Dark One's or Dark Sorceress's assistance," Mulan said.

"Yes, we do," Mary Margaret said and they all looked at her confused.

"How? Aurora's gone," Mulan asked.

"Aurora isn't the only one who's been under a sleeping curse. I can go back to that Netherworld," Mary Margaret said.

"The door to that place is closed. You said it yourself," Mulan said.

"There may be a way... A way for me to go back into a deep slumber. One that can let me access it again," Mary Margaret said.

"Another sleeping curse?" Emma asked.

"No, not another curse. I don't need one. I've been under it already. I need to go into a sleep where my natural defences slip away, where my mind stops protecting me," Mary Margaret said.

"How?" Elaine asked.

Mary Margaret looked at Mulan, "Your sleeping powder... If I inhale it, I will fall into a deep enough sleep that I should be able to do this," Mary Margaret said.

"I used the last of it on the giant," Mulan said.

"Then make some more," Mary Margaret said.

"The poppy plant is extremely rare in this kingdom, but I know of a place that may grow some more. It's a bit of a journey from here," Mulan said.