Chapter 40: Selfless, Brave and True

August was in his trailer and he was disturbed by someone knocking on the door, he thought it was Amy or Mary Margaret coming back to take him back to town, "I told you two to leave me alone!" August yelled and he opened the door, shocked to see Tamara standing there.

"Hey. Long time," Tamara said.

Flashback: Hong Kong - 2011

August and Daniella ran back into the room where they saw the Dragon who was still there, August was panting, hunched over with his hands on his knees as Daniella looked at him worriedly, "For someone who spent his entire life running, you should be in better shape," The Dragon said.

August looked at him, "Well, I will be... If you have what you promised," August said.

"I believe we discussed a price. The money. You have it?" August noticed a picture of Tamara and an older woman, "The body has a strange way of sending us signals, doesn't it? The tricky part isn't hearing them, but knowing what they truly mean," The Dragon said.

"Are you sure this can cure my papa?" Daniella asked.

"What's in this bottle will stop your papa from turning to wood, yes. But that's just a symptom. Only your papa can cure himself," The Dragon said and the two men exchanged the money for the cure which he had already made for him.

♥✨♥✨♥✨♥✨♥✨♥

August and Daniella left and unwrapped the vial, just as they were looking at it, Tamara was in the street and saw them, "Stop! That's mine," Tamara yelled as she pointed to them.

"I'm so sorry. Run bambina," August said and he and Daniella started to run.

"Hey! Somebody stop him!" Tamara yelled as she followed after him.

"Out of the way! Aah! Aah!" August fell over and groaned holding his knee, Daniella turned back, "No! Run bambina! And don't stop!" Daniella saw Tamara getting closer and she started running again as Tamara ran up to August and grabbed the vial, "No!" August said.

"Whatever it is you have, you deserve your fate," Tamara said as she turned and left, leaving August to cry on the floor.

Daniella slowly made her way back and ran up to her papa, "Papa?" Daniella said as she crouched down.

August looked at her, "Bambina," August said as he sat up and hugged her crying into her as she returned the hug.