Training Commences

Y/N had already spent a few weeks at his new home, Wayne Manor.

The first week was sort've like an orientation of his new life and what would happen from this point forwards.

He was toured the entirety of Wayne Manor's 56 rooms, including the 11 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms, before meeting Bruce's butler: Alfred Pennyworth.

"A delight it is to meet you, Master Todd, if ever you need anything I will obtain it for you. You need only ask." The butler said upon their meeting.

"Uh...sure, thanks Mr. Pennyworth." Y/N responded, unsure of how he should speak to the butler.

The butler laughed before stating, "Please, Master Todd, Alfred is fine."

Y/N spent the rest of his week adjusting to his new life, he had a big comfy bed to sleep on, he was kept warm at night and best of all, complete meals, three times a day too!

However, the moment he had adjusted to life in the Manor, the gates to hell opened and he was thrown in.

His training had begun.

Each day consisted of 6 hours of training

- 1 hour of fitness
- 1 hour of weightlifting
- 1 hour of gymnastics
- 1/2 hour of yoga
- 1/2 hour of reflex training
- 1 hour of weapon training
- 1 hour of combat training

And to finalise each day Y/N had to fight criminals, though not real criminals.

Bruce said that Wayne Tech had developed hyper-realistic holograms in the past and the idea was scrapped after failure, but he'd decided to revive it and uses it as training.

It didn't make sense to Y/N though, how could holograms help train him? He watched as the hologram of a man with the Penguin's insignia on his jacket approached and swung, expecting the punch to go right through his head.

Contact was made and Y/N fell to the floor, his cheek hurt?!

"You let him hit you?" Bruce's voice came from the control panel

"I didn't realise that they could actually hit me!" Y/N said, rubbing his cheek

As Y/N got up Bruce shouted

"Again!"

--Timeskip--

Two weeks after his training had begun, Y/N had had enough. He'd vomited several times and his body had been through enough damage that Y/N never wanted to feel pain again.

Y/N was walking through the gardens of Wayne Manor, the chilly night air biting at his skin, not that he cared.

He eventually sat down on a stone bench and looked up at the night sky, the stars glittering above him. As he observed the sky his mind wandered, helping him forget his aching body.

Eventually he heard footsteps and looked over to see Alfred walking over, carrying a tray with a steaming drink on top.

"I don't like tea or coffee, Alfred." Y/N quietly said.

"I figured, that is why I brought hot chocolate." Alfred stated, placing the tray down, Y/N noticed that other things were on the tray with the cup.

"Marshmallows? Chocolate sprinkles? Whipped cream?" Alfred asked, gesturing to the other objects

"Whipped cream and sprinkles please." Y/N said, smiling at the butler.

Alfred put the drink together and handed it to Y/N before sitting beside him.

"Now, would you care to tell me why you're out here on such a frighteningly cold night?" Alfred requested.

"Just thinking about what I agreed to." Y/N said sipping his cup, this hot chocolate was really good.

"Well, I can't imagine what it is like to be thrust into such a life, Master Todd, but I do know that if you stick to it, it'll pay off in the end." The butler stated, "You'll be protecting the city alongside Master Bruce in no time! Perhaps you may even protect it on your own."

Y/N looked up at the Butler.

"But how do you know that's even possible?"

"Well, you aren't the first sidekick Master Bruce has taken in."

"What?!" Y/N said, almost dropping his hot chocolate, "I'm not the first?"

"No, Master Grayson came before you."

"Then why haven't I seen him in the Manor or while training?" Y/N questioned.

"Master Grayson is currently dispatched at a base over in Jump City, he's part of a group of heroes that call themselves the 'teen titans'."

Y/N couldn't believe his ears, not only was he not the first, but his predecessor was already part of a separate group?!

Y/N gulped down his hot chocolate before placing it back onto the tray and darting inside, his fire reawakened.

Alfred gave a small "hmm" of approval before collecting the tray and returning indoors for the evening.