A Tense Meeting

It was early in the night, it would be dark if not for the purple and green lights of the funfair.

Y/n looked down upon the various stalls and rides as he stood atop the still ferris wheel.

As disgusting circus music rang through the fair, he noticed the distinct lack of children and the overabundance of fully-grown men and women.

As he slowly floated off the top of the ferris wheel, the various speakers chimed before a gleeful voice rang through the entire area.

"Welcome Welcome!"

The voice was familiar, though he'd never heard it before.

"This is my funfair! Enjoy the many attractions like my personal favourite...the piranha tank dunk!"

Horrific laughter rang through the speakers before they cut out and the familiar circus music rang once more.

Y/n looked down the stalls and observed that they were all filled with hostages, some tied to walls, others to electric chairs.

As he slowly descended onto the funfair grounds, many of the free-roaming adults noticed the glowing red ring among the dark night sky.

By the time Y/n touched down, every being in the area was looking towards him.

"I have one question..!" The rage-filled man shouted

"Where is the Joker?!"

A second of silence followed before all the people erupted into laughter.

"Why the hell would we tell you?!"

Each of them drew out a blade or weapon and grinned towards the ring-wearing being.

Y/n's eyes wandered and spotted a minigun on the wall of one of the many stalls

With a thought and a channel of the ring, a red minigun appeared in his hands.

With a laugh, Y/n pulled the trigger and hundreds of bullets began to tear through the crowd.

Many were riddled with bullets as others dived for cover.

The Red-helmeted figure spun, the minigun tearing through some stalls and people as they ran in terror.

Eventually, Y/n stopped firing.

The red minigun smoked before it vanished into thin-air and y/n walked over to a somehow unharmed, yet terrified man.

Clasping his hand around his throat, the man was lifted clean off the floor.

Y/n held him as the man slowly choked.

"One more time, where's the Joker?"

Unable to talk, the choking man simply pointed towards a large building at the back of the funfair.

Without another word, a sickening crunch was heard and the choking man slumped before being dropped to the floor.

Y/n looked over towards the large building before flying over to one of the doors.

Retrieving his gun from his belt, Y/n rose his foot and kicked in the door.

It was eerily quiet inside, no guards or criminals in the hall.

Y/n slowly moved through the hall. Everything was silent in the building, the only sound was the distant ringing of the carnival music.

Reaching the end of the room, he kicked in another door and found hordes of men and women lying on the floor.

Y/n instantly darted his hand down to check their pulses

They were just unconscious

Y/n followed the bodies along the hall and went through several rooms until he heard sobbing. He immediately darted to the door of the room he heard the cries from and aimed his gun inside.

Several unconscious men littered the room and a young woman wearing a red and black skin-tight suit sat among them, sobbing into her hands.

As he entered, the woman looked up at the rage-filled figure standing in front of her before her sobs got even worse.

"A-a-another one?! Ya already took him, what else do ya want?!"

"Took him?"

The woman just cried harder.

Y/n walked over and grabbed the woman's arm, pulling her to her feet.

"They took the Joker?"

The woman momentarily held her sobs.

"What d'ya mean 'they'? Ain't you one of them heroes?"

"No, now tell me who took the clown!"

Y/n shook her as he shouted the question

The Harlequin dressed woman barely held her tears to point at a monitor in the room.

He dropped her as her tears overwhelmed her and she ran from the building, crying loudly.

Stepping over the unconscious forms of the many criminals, Y/n pressed a few buttons and an image flickered onto the monitor.

3 separate images.

The clown tied to a chair.

A map with a guide from the fun fair to a building.

A photo of a large warehouse.

Looking at the screen, Y/n felt his rage begin to boil. The clown was here and he was taken.

Clenching his fist, the red ring glowed brightly before he flew upwards right through the roof of the building.

Flying through the night sky, Y/n followed the map he saw before he laid eyes on the pictured warehouse.

Landing on the street outside, he walked up to a door of the warehouse and opened it.

Walking into the darkened halls of the warehouse, Y/n raised his gun once more to point in front of him.

Checking corners and halls, he advanced through the warehouse until he came to a large hall.

The large hall was in a state of disarray with crumbling ceiling and walls and several points of vine growth around the hall. The hall was bare except for the sole element of a chair in the center that had a slumped figure sitting in it.

Y/n walked over towards the chair, his eyes darting around the room, looking for movement.

Eventually he reached the slumped figure, using his gun, Y/n lifted the chin of the figure and looked down at it.

A dummy.

Y/n kicked the dummy across the hall with a shout, shattering the chair.

"Something wrong?"

In one swift movement Y/n pointed his gun in the opposite direction and met the gaze of a bat vigilante.

The figure felt familiar for some odd reason.

"Where is the Joker?"

"Why do you want him?"

"That's my business."

Y/n brought his other hand up on his gun and stabilised his aim, pointing directly at the bat-clad figure's forehead.

The Bat's eyes narrowed as the two stared at each other in silence.

BANG!