The Power of Rage

Y/n stared into the yellow eyes of the figure before him.

As the blood-red figure took a step forwards, Y/n drew his newly acquired gun and pointed it towards the alien.

"I am here to aid your rage."

"My rage?" Y/n asked.

"It emanates from you like an aura, I can taste it."

"And you are?"

"I am Atrocitus, leader of the Red Lantern Corps, and I am here to give you power."

As the red alien spoke another figure flew out of the portal, a cat with red body armour and his bright light originating on his tail.

The cat flew around before floating just above Atrocitus' shoulder.

"Your mind is sharp enough to control your rage, despite its immense size. Your rage will be able to launch the Red Lantern Corps into a new era."

The ringed alien reached his hand out and Y/n watched as a red meteorite fell from above and crashed into his hand, extending blinding light

Y/n shielded his eyes from the blinding light before watching as the light cleared and in its place floated a red ring.

"You will wear this ring and join the ranks of the Red Lantern Corps."

"There's no way I'm..." y/n trailed off.

He could feel it, the ring calling him, without knowing why he found himself walking towards the ring and before he knew it, he was right in front of the giant Atrocitus.

The flying cat flew around Y/n's head, dragging his tail across his cheek and mewing with joy.

His left hand reached down and grabbed hold of the ring before Y/n slid it onto his right middle finger.

The effect was instant, like molten lava coursed throughout his body.

Y/n dropped his gun and collapsed under the intense feeling.

His hands immediately darted to his heart, the burning was strongest there.

The giant only stood and watched as Y/n writhed about on the floor in agony.

Y/n could see it in his head,

His rage,

It was like he was standing opposite a reflection of himself, only a misshapen red slime version. His mind was struggling to understand what was happening, they seemed to be fighting.

They were equal in speed and technique, constantly dodging and attacking the other, each failing to connect with their opponent.

The difference between them was made clear when both their fists collided and Y/n gave way to his red reflection.

The red slime was using Y/n's own rage to power its blows.

Y/n changed strategies and instead tried to merge with the being, merge with his overwhelming rage.

He was able to grab the wrists of the rage slime and throw it over his shoulder.

As the rage stood, it's back to Y/n, he siezed the opportunity and made to jump onto its back.

Instead he fell through and found he and the rage occupied the same space, they were combining.

With each second he could feel the rage submitting to his mind, the burning fading from his body, he could control his rage.

Y/n pushed himself off the ground and looked into the red giants eyes in front of him.

"Let your rage power you."