A New Start

When his thoughts returned he had no clue who he was, he was adrift. He could feel the water coursing about his body, yet it all felt so...distant.

He couldn't see or hear anything and his head was empty...no memories, no people, nothing.

It's like he floated in a dark endless void with nothing in it; not even him as his hands were as unclear as everything else.

Suddenly, an unknown element appeared in his void, a figure, it was blurry but he was certain he could make out a colour-purple.

The figure was accompanied by a distant sound.

Was that...laughter?

It sounded so quiet and far away.

Without knowing why, he was dragged towards the blur of purple. As he grew closer the laughter too grew closer.

Eventually he was inches from the blur as it began to take shape.

With splashes of green and white the visage of a clown with a contorted grin stared back at him.

But how did he know the clown?

The blur vanished and the laughter echoed away, he spun to look around and now found many appearances of the clown within the void.

As he slowly glided about the various clowns it became clear what each one displayed.

Torture scenes.

Each clown held a different weapon or tool but the action was the same...and it was against the same person.

He could not see the victim of the scenes but he knew that it was him.

The clown had tortured him, had struck tragedy against him.

He looked upon the scenes, the blood that caked the weapon and room. This was done to him? By this clown? He drew level with one of the many clowns and stared deep into his crazed eyes.

Every scene vanished causing him to look around once again. The void's dark interior changed from its dark black to bright red.

Was that the blood he saw?

A dark symbol stood among the red, it was uncertain and he couldn't make out much...a circle? Two lines?

A voice echoed through the void, it was deep and harsh.

"I sense a great rage."

The voice was accompanied by a cry, a cat?

Suddenly the void returned to its previously ink black colour.

He spun, his mind a blur.

Who was he? What was that symbol and voice? Where was he?

Eventually, another blur appeared, this time a small white ball, it remained unmoving until he touched it.

The ball shot upwards, leaving a trail as it went, it reached a peak and darted back down before arching across.

He decided to retreat backwards to better see the outline left.

Two high peaks, like ears, the ball split into two and rested within the outline.

Eyes? Then this was a head? A head with two long pointy ears protruding from the top.

This too was odd, although this one felt familiar. He looked up at the outline once more before it vanished and a subtle green light began to glow.

He looked down at the green light and it lit up the void, illuminating his e/c eyes.

It showed his eye colour?