The Crafting of an Allegiance

The impact of formal shoes echoed through the long hallway as the suited figure of Lex Luthor traveled towards his office, humming a tune as he went.

Opening the oak doors he entered his hall-sized office and sat down in his swanky deep green office chair before reaching over to his computer system and typing in his login information.

A sudden crash of broken glass caused the bald-headed man to look up, watching as a red-glowing figure flew into the room and turned to face the CEO.

The pure white eyes of the red-helmeted figure bore into him, seemingly looking into his soul before the figure spoke.

"Lex Luthor."

The voice was more natural then he had expected.

"Guilty as charged." The sultry tone of Lex responded.

He immediately noticed the glowing ring on the figures hand.

"A power ring? Whatever could you need from me?"

Y/n lowered towards the ground before floating an inch from the floor.

"You are the enemy of Superman?"

"I might be."

Lex placed his hand around the handle of a recently developed weapon that he stored under the desk.

"Then you will assist me in moving him out of my way."

Lex let a smile creep across his face as he stared down the figure within his office.

"And why would you need Superman to be moved, as you put it, out of your way?"

"Because I'm going to kill the Joker."

The suited man immediately retracted his hand from the concealed weapon and interlocked his fingers as he leant back in his chair.

"The Justice League is protecting him from me."

"And Superman is too much for you to handle alone?" Luthor questioned.

Y/n remained silent, giving the CEO his answer.

Luthor watched as the figure opposite him landed and approached his desk before reaching over and pressing a button on his office phone.

"Mercy, send me down."

A large clank was heard as the desk and both men began to slowly descend.

The kryptonians enemy surveyed the red helmeted figure as he turned to look at the wall rising around him.

"You wish to kill the Joker then?"

"I will kill him."

"That is a cause I can definitely support."

"So you hate him too?"

"With a passion."

The elevator seemed to go on forever before eventually clanking to a halt in a pitch-black room, Y/n channeled his ring to cast red light as he raised his fist before he heard the tone of the man sitting opposite him.

"Just give it a second."

The sound of a generator filled their ears as several lights blinked on to reveal a lab with a long table, multiple pieces of weaponry and gadgetry strewn across it.

Luthor immediately rose from his chair and walked over towards the long table, picking up a piece of gadgetry and beginning to fiddle with its wiring.

"In order to slay the Superman you will require a crystal known as 'Kryptonite'"