Threats and Opportunities

The green light of the Lazarus Pit brightened the ceremonial room of the League of Assasssins, standing empty except for a single figure standing at the water's edge.

The green-cloaked figure of Ra's Al Ghul looked into its waters, a sunken-cheeked corpse looking back at him through his reflection.

The Demon's Head stepped towards the pit and removed his cloak before the doors of the hall flew open, multiple unconscious bodies flying through it.

Turning to look, he met the gaze of the Batman.

"Ah...Detective..."

The Bat advanced towards the Demon's Head.

"...to what do I owe the plea-"

A fist collided with his cheek, causing him to fall to the floor, within a second, his collar was grasped and he was pulled up to look at the Dark Knight.

"You resurrected my son!"

The Bat's voice was filled with rage.

Another fist collided with his face.

"You took his body!"

Another hit.

"Wiped his mind!"

The Bat spun and threw Ra's into one of the marble walls, cracking it.

Ra's recovered and swung for the vigilante but was dodged by the Bat's speed.

The Bat retaliated by planting his fist into Ra's gut before grabbing Ra's thinning hair and repeatedly slamming his head against the wall.

Upon the final slam, the Bat-clad vigilante let go and the injured undead assassin slid down the wall of the chamber.

"You...should...thank me...Detec-"

A kick smashed across his jaw, sending several teeth cascading into the water while his body fell sideways onto the cold chamber floor.

"His mind...wasn't my fault."

The breathing corpse was grabbed once more and was looking up at the angry Bat.

"He only remembered...the clown."

His breathing was pained.

"He wanted...to kill him...I assisted in...getting him ready."

The corpse fell backwards as the hands released semi-threw him down.

"He betrayed me and...slaughtered my assassins before...escaping."

The weakened assassin began to crawl towards the pit, desperate for its healing properties.

A hand clamping around his ankle dragged him backwards before raising him into the air.

"If you even touch another one of my family..."

"You'll kill me?"

The Demon's Head weakly laughed at the suggestion.

The laughter echoed around the chamber before the Batman spoke once more.

"Without your Pit, I have no need to kill you."

The undead assassin was thrown once more against the wall before the Bat stepped towards the Lazarus Pit, grabbing a small device from his utility belt and pressing it.

The silent hall was filled with a distinct beeping sound as the device was held out above the pit's waters.

"Alright!" The weakened ninja cried, "I understand."

The beeping got faster as the Bat crouched, closer to the water's surface.

"I won't...touch them! You have my...word."