Deceit and Warnings

Y/n touched down on the building, looking around for indicators for the location of the so-called Lacey Towers. So far, he'd had no luck in locating the building, if only he could ask someone.

As he looked down at a nearby alley, he noticed a young woman being accosted by a man. He was loud and drunk, but undoubtedly a criminal...a clown.

Y/n dropped down into the Alley, though he was unnoticed by either and he begun walking towards the pair.

"If only I could hide this ability and look." Y/n thought, "then she wouldn't freak out."

Eventually he stopped before shouting "Leave her alone!"

The pair both looked over at y/n's words before he slapped her to the ground and started walking towards you.

"So, she called for help? Better run along before I kill you, boy." The man spat, drawing a knife from his pocket.

"Kill me? Please." Y/n sighed in response, shaking his head.

The man became enraged and flung his arm forwards, attempting to slice at the gut. The woman screamed before y/n sidestepped the blade and grabbed the man's wrist.

With a swift movement the wrist was held behind the guy's back and his legs were swept from under him as he fell to the floor.

The man made a movement to stand once more before a fist descended onto his head and he was out cold.

Y/n stood fully before turning over to look at the woman, expecting a fearful face, but instead he saw the face of a thankful person.

She rushed over and threw her arms around Y/n's lower back as she fell against him, sobbing at how scared she was.

Y/n simply patted her shoulder.

Could she not see who she was hugging?

As he patted her shoulder, he noticed the glow of the Red ring on his right hand.

It was concealing your appearance?

Eventually the woman stopped crying and let go of Y/n before standing as sirens drew closer.

Y/n made a move to head away but the woman grabbed hold of his arm as a pair of police officers ran into the Alley, guns drawn.

Seeing the woman grabbing ahold of your arm as you tried to get away they aimed their guns at Y/n.

"FREEZE! DON'T MOVE!"

Y/n froze and weighed his options.

He can't be stopped now, slowly he dropped his arm, reaching for the gun on his waist.

As his fingers grasped the handle of the weapon, the woman rose her hand.

"No! This man was the one who helped me!"

The two cops looked at each other before lowering their weapons slightly.

"Are you certain, Dr. Young?"

"Yes, the man on the ground is the one who attacked me." The young doctor stated as she gestured to the unconscious man on the floor.

As the cops holstered their weapons and made a move to arrest the unconscious man, the doctor turned back to you.

"The police know you by name?" Y/n breathed, pulling his arm away from his weapon.

"I work at the Asylum, when they bring the psychos in, I'm usually the one waiting for them." She stated, picking up her bag.

"Psychos, huh? You must know plenty of them then." Y/n guessed.

"Yes, all kinds."

She began walking over towards the police before looking over her shoulder.