Loyalty to the League?

Deep within the tombs of Gotham, the assassins train in rows, their cries of effort echoing through the empty catacombs.

Within the deepest chambers, the elite guard roam, protecting a new room under order of the Demon's Head.

When Y/n heard of the order that his chambers were to be 'protected' he initially believed that his teacher was simply being thorough, though with each passing day his suspicions grew in strength.

He knew that in their training sessions, the Lord of the assassins, Ra's, was only telling him half-truths, Ra's knew he was from Gotham but not specifically where, Ra's knew he was previously trained before his death, yet conveniently not where. He was not truly trusted.

Why?

As y/n pondered this a knock at his chambers door pulled him back to the world.

"Enter." His voice called.

The door opened slightly as an elite assassin slipped into the room and bowed.

"The Demon's Head requests your presence."

Within the next second the ninja was gone and Y/n was left to prepare.

---

After a short bit of time he entered the training chamber where the cloaked form of Ra's Al Ghul stood waiting.

"Your training is close to completion, you are almost ready." His sultry tones filled the chamber.

"For your final steps you must prove your undying loyalty to me and the League."

The cloaked assassin stood with his back to y/n, stretching his arms wide causing the cloak to show its full pattern.

Y/n stared into the green of the cloak and heard the faint giggling of a distant voice.

"I trust the clown plagues your mind no more?"

"I have overcome my rage for him." Y/n lied.

Ra's was silent for a moment before responding.

"Excellent."

The Demon's Head clapped his hands twice and the chamber doors opened, revealing two assassins pushing in a man with his hands bound behind his back. They pushed him until he was before the Demon's Head and pushed him to his knees.

Ra's gestured for Y/n to stand beside him, directly next to the kneeling man.

Y/n joined him.

"Your final step is to kill this man in the name of the League."

One of the two assassins that brought in the kneeling man drew their blade and presented it to y/n to take.

He grabbed the hilt and lined the blade along the man's neck as he whimpered for forgiveness.

Y/n rose the blade up into the air and breathed deeply.

A second passed.

Two seconds passed.

Three

Then four

On the fifth second the voice of Ra's rung through the chamber.

"Why do you hesitate? Are you struggling with the idea of killing him?"

"I have no quarrel with the death of this man..." y/n replied, still holding the blade in the air, "...I am just deciding if you are worthy of my loyalty."

The sharp intake of breath from the Demon's Head caused the other assassins to shake in fear.

"You are deciding if I, the Demon's Head, am worthy..?"