Familiar Faces

Y/N was sitting on a gargoyle looking down onto the Gotham cityscape. He'd been Robin for the last two years and had met the many heroes and villains it had to offer.

He stood, his cape blowing in the wind as he surveyed the Gotham streets, all filled with the those who enjoyed the nightlife (mostly the drunk).

"So, when will you let me patrol on my own?" Robin asked, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"You already are." Batman's voice came through the earpiece that Y/N was wearing.

"Please, this is NOT solo patrolling," Robin complained, "you went from breathing down my neck to waiting in the car, just saved yourself from the legwork."

"Consider it a step-up from what you once were." Batman said, sitting in the batmobile that was waiting in an alley below.

"Just thought after two years, you'd trust me to go solo, like Dick."

"I do trust you, Y/N, that's why I'm not 'breathing down your neck'." He remarked.

Y/N bit his tongue, he had a point.

"If I may sirs," Alfred's voice spoke, "Master Wayne was considerably more unwilling to allow Master Grayson to go out alone."

Y/N watched as a drunk stumbled down the road, drink in hand, shouting the lyrics to sweet Caroline at the top of his lumgs.

"If I recall, after two years, young Master Grayson still had Master Wayne watching over his shoulder." The butler continued.

"I get it, Al, I should consider myself lucky." Robin dryly replied.

"No, just that he has trusted you faster then he did Master Grayson."

Y/N was taken aback, he didn't know that.

"Speaking of Dick, when do I next go see him?"

"We're heading out there in a few days, and it's not just Dick, it's the other titans too." Batman stated.

"Oh yeah, they're just the titans now." Y/N remembered.

There was radio silence for a few seconds before it begun.

"Robin, there's been a robbery at the Gotham Bank, head there now." Batman's voice ordered.

Robin jumped off the gargoyle and began running along the rooftops of Gotham before watching as the batmobile blasted down the streets.

"Any point in going? It'll be handled before I arrive." Y/N said to himself.

"The famous boy wonder." A female voice called out.

Robin spun and laid eyes upon a familiar criminal.

Catwoman.

"Been a while, Selina." Robin responded.

The female cat slowly walked to the edge of building before turning to face Robin.

"Daddy isn't here to hold your hand?"

"What do you want, Selina?"

"What are you offering?" She replied walking over and standing an inch from Y/N's face.

Y/N would be flustered if Selina hadn't done this almost a million times before.

"No, Bruce isn't here." Robin said, looking up at the beautiful face of Selina.

Seeing her attempt at flustering Y/N failed she immediately became disappointed and disinterested.

"Well, if the bad bat isn't here I guess I'll go elsewhere," Catwoman said, climbing the edge of the building, "bye-bye, birdy."