The First Night

Y/N had kept training under the guidance of Bruce for the next 4 months and he was finally ready to defend Gotham.

"So what kind of suit and name will I get?" Y/N asked Bruce as he stood in the Batcave.

"You'll be Robin, like Dick before you." Bruce said, standing in his Batman suit with the cowl down.

"I...don't know what Robin is." Y/N stated bluntly.

Bruce chuckled as he pressed a button on his gauntlet and an armour stand lit up, displaying the suit of Robin.

Y/N stepped forwards and looked up at the suit, it wasn't what he was expecting but it wasn't bad.

After a short while he was looking at himself in the mirror with the suit on and he looked GOOD! After a small bit of posing Batman, now with his cowl up, appeared in the mirror behind him.

"Let's go, Robin." The Dark Knight said, turning and walking towards the Batmobile.

Y/N ran after him and hopped in the Batmobile, Batman followed shortly after and they sped off into the streets of Gotham.

He watched as the street lights flew by the window, he was finally going out into Gotham! Real criminals and real crimes!

"Prepare to launch."

Batman pressed a red button on the Batmobile's dashboard and the roof of the car opened, launching both vigilantes into the air. Robin extended his cape and begun gliding above the Gotham cityscape.

He followed Batman as he headed towards a large building with the bright blue letters "GCPD" spanning the side of it. As Robin began to descend he spotted a man wearing a detective's coat smoking a pipe while standing beside the batsignal.

Robin landed shortly after Batman as the man turned towards them.

"Nice to see you, Batman." He said walking up to the Caped Crusader.

"What's the situation, Jim?" Batman asked.

"We aren't certain, reports came in of gunfire down by the docks, best description we could get was that they were dressed like mercenaries." Jim said.

"We'll head down to investigate, have men ready to move in once we find out what's there." Batman said, turning away.

"We?" Jim asked, finally noticing Y/N.

"Robin? I thought you went by a different name now?"

"No, I'm the new Robin." Y/N said, puffing his chest out.

"You took in another sidekick?" Jim asked Batman, looking up, but Batman was already gone.

"He just disappeared like that? That's really rude," Y/N said, "see you later Jim!"

Robin ran and jumped over the railing, spreading out his cape and gliding away.

A short while later, both Batman and Robin were sitting in the Batmobile, racing towards the Gotham Dockyard.