-Chapter 2: Red Light, Green Light-

-

-

I wake up in bed with classical music playing loudly across the room.. I look down to see that I had a greenish-blue jumpsuit with the number '307' on it. I was in a large room that was filled with layers of bunk beds. I see many people in the same type of jumpsuit as me. The only difference was the number. Before long, I heard commotion below and hopped off my bunk to see what was going on. In the middle, there was a big guy who had a dragon tattoo on his neck. His number was 101. He was shouting something to a girl and pushing her around. I couldn't hear too well cause I was at the back of the crowd. I soon spot the girl he was beating up. She had short and messy black hair which usually would make someone seem like a mess. However, somehow it makes this girl look prettier than I thought. She was number 067.

Trying to push through the crowd to get to the girl, another man came in. 456. I look up to the board and notice that he was the last number. The man pulled 067 onto her feet and started shaking her, screaming about his money. I walk up to him and shove him off her. "Hey, whatever you have going on here, you don't have to shove people." I say. 456 backs off, glaring at 067 while 101 returns and tries to shover her again. In response, I shove him back. "And who do you think you are?" He snarled, his voice was deep and scratchy. "I am none of your business." I replied. "Number 307. Guess I know who to look out for '' He says walking closer to me. That is until gunshots are heard and we turn to see the masked people walking inside.

They made us sign a consent form before speaking. "The first game will begin shortly. Please line up to the game room." The square spoke. We lined up. Not in order because it didn't matter. I felt a presence behind me and heard a voice. "Hey." I turn my head a little and spot 067. "Hey." I replied. "Thanks for helping me." She says quietly. I nod and flash her a small smile. "My pleasure." We lined up in front of the large iron doors at one side of the bunk area and waited while the pink shape guys escorted us out row by row. I watch as 101 gets escorted. He smirks at me before disappearing behind the door. "He's always like that." 067 says, looking at the floor. "It seems like you two know each other. What's up with that?" I ask, being nosey. 067 looks up and gives me a look before we get called to go.

We walked through a bright pastel coloured room with stairs going everywhere. It reminded me of that optical illusion. We walked upstairs and downstairs while classical music played on the speakers. To say that this wasn't weird would be wrong. Multiple times, I heard 067 gasp at the sight as we entered the stairs and again when we entered the playing room.

We entered a large area which had a tree and a doll on the other side. "Please line up behind the white line until the game begins." A lady from the speaker says. We do as told. 067 lining up near 101. She looks at me and nods her head subtly, smirking slightly.

"Welcome, players, to red light green light. You have 5 minutes to get to the other side. When the doll says green light, you must make your way across the field past the red line at the end. However, when the doll says red light, you must stop and refrain from moving. If the doll detects any movement during the red light period, that player shall be eliminated." The speaker says. It repeats the instructions and I watch as the creepy doll turns its head around to face the tree.

There was a moment of silence until we heard the doll start speaking. "Green light" it says. Almost immediately, people started moving. Most walk slowly but two players charge forward, shoving each other slightly. "Red light," the doll says. The two players stop but the blonde one in front wobbles slightly. The doll beeps before the speaker starts again. "Player 324 eliminated" silence follows until we all hear a loud bang. The blonde guy drops on the floor, motionless. The doll turns back around and speaks and we all move slightly again, most of us eyeing the blonde guy. The blonde's friend walks up to him and mutters something. Until the blonde chokes blood out from his mouth. "Red light" The doll turns and 250, the blonde's friend seems to panic before running back to the doors...only for the loud bang to sound again and him to fall on the floor with blood spraying onto another girl's face. "Player 250 eliminated"

Immediately, chaos starts. Players run from the bodies to the doors and start banging on them. Bang after bang, people get shot and die. I ran as well, but got knocked down by someone pushing me onto the floor. I look at the person who was standing above me to see 067 looking back at me. "Don't move. You're going to get shot if you do." She mutters, staying still. I do as I'm told until the banging and shouting stop. Silence starts and I dart my eyes to see piles of dead bodies at the door. "Green light" The doll says, turning back around. No one moves except for an old man with the number 001. "Red light" 001 stops, a smile on his face. He seems to enjoy this game. "Green light" People start moving and 067 holds out her hand for me to take. I do, and tingles shoot up my arm at the contact. "Red light" we stop, our hands still touching slightly. "Stay behind someone. The doll won't be able to detect you." 067 says. "Green light" We move, 067 running behind 101 and I run behind some random person with the number 401. "Red light" we stop and I glance over at 067 who was smirking as she spoke to 101. I then see her grab a handful of his hair, threatening to tug him down and allow him to get shot. "Green light" She pulls him down and he falls onto the floor as she runs forward slightly. "Red light"

At this point, we were near the finish line. 401 hasn't died yet, so we were fine. "Green light" we ran, and we were so close. "Red light," the doll says. 401 tripped a little and got shot. He fell to the ground, letting me be seen. I closed my eyes, hoping I didn't move when he got shot. "Green light," The doll says. My eyes shoot open and I sprint for the finish line, seeing 067 slightly in front of me. She passes the line before I do. "Red light" I stop. Literally 3 steps from the line. I hear someone behind me before hearing a scruffed voice. "307." He says. It was 101. He chuckles a little before I feel a tug at my collar. "Don't you dare." Someone says in front of me. 067 was there, past the finish line and watching me. "And why not?" 101 asks, pulling a little. 067 glares at him. "Because if you do, next time, I won't let you live." She growls back. 101 stops, seemingly knowing that she only pulled him during the green light period and scoffs. "Well, I -" He gets cut off with the doll. "Green light" I rip myself out of his grasp and run to the line, tripping myself slightly with my own feet. As I fell forward, I felt arms catch me and looked up to see 067 looking down at me. "You ok?" She asks, helping me stand. I nod as I look back to see 101 who also passed the line. He grins at me and tilts his head. "Lucky to have your little girlfriend there." He says, gesturing to 067. I roll my eyes and walk away, feeling 067 following. "He just doesn't know when to quit." 067 mutters. I turn to speak until I hear the doll. "Red light" I turn and see the other man from before, 456 stopping. I watch as he seems to panic slightly. "Green light" He runs as fast as he can, trying to get to the finish line as the timer reaches 30 seconds. "Red light" 456 tries to stop but steps on a dead body's arm and trips just as the doll turns around. I closed my eyes, waiting for a gunshot and his number....but none came. I open my eyes to see another player, player 199, gripping the back of his jacket, holding 456 up with one hand. 15 seconds. I watch as 199 struggles to keep him up and 456 trying not to flail. "Green light" 456 and 199 immediately sprint as the timer reaches 5 seconds. 4, 3, 2, 1. They jump and land past the line as the timer hits 0.

The doll turns and shoots multiple times at the remaining players and the speaker calls out their numbers.

"Congratulations to the remaining players! Please make your way back to the bunk room." The speaker says. I glanced at 067, who was already looking at me before following the shape guards to the bunks. 

A/N: Wooooo. XD

Word Count: 1596