-Chapter 7: Names and Teams-

-

-

Some guards run up to us and point guns at us. "Drop your weapons. Hands up." They say. We do as we're told and the guard finds Sae-Byeok's knife in 101's pocket. We turn around with our hands up and I look over at Sae-Byeok who had some blood running down her face from the smashed bottle...but was fine other than that. After checking, we all sat down. The lights stayed on and we all just sat there with blankets. The speaker spoke all the dead people's numbers as the others in our group talked to the old man. 456 then turns to look at all of us. "Uh, well. At this point we should know what to call each other." He says. "Why don't we go around and tell each other our names?" He suggests. "I already know your name though." 199 says, smiling. "Ssangmun-Dong." He announces. 

456 chuckles and shakes his head. "Ssangmun-dong is just my hometown." 456 says. "My name is Seong Gi-Hun." He says. "Seong Gi-Hun of Ssangmun-dong." Gi-Hun then turns to 199 and nods. "So? What about you?" He asks. 199 smiles widely and looks at all of us. "Ali. Ali Abdul." He says. "And where are you from?" Gi-Hun asks. "Pakistan" Ali replies. "Where is that?" Gi-Hun asks. "North of India." 218 answers. "He's right." Ali adds. "Of course he is. This man here went to SNU and-" Gi-Hun gets cut off by 218. "Cho Sang-Woo." He nodded. Gi-Hun chuckles before they all look at Sae-Byeok and I. "Come on, really?" She asks. Gi-Hun nods. "We're all teammates here now. We should really know about each other. Build up some trust, okay?" He asks. 

Sae-Byeok stares for a bit before sighing. "Kang Sae-Byeok." She says. "Sae-Byeok?" Gi-Hun repeats. "That's a pretty name. Though I'm not sure how it fits." He says. I scoff at that. What was he on about? He looks at me and I sigh. "Y/N Y/L/N." I replied. Gi-Hun nods. "Y/N." He repeats. "What's your name sir? If you don't mind." Ali asks the old man. The old man couldn't answer and...it was a little sad.

Sae-Byeok turns to me and frowns, looking at my neck. "You're hurt." She says, lifting her hand and running a finger delicately over my wound. I turn away, looking down. "I'm fine." I mutter. She pulls me head to meet her eyes as she looks at the wound again. "Did you get hurt anywhere else?" She asks. I shake my head, unable to look her in the eye. "You can't even meet my eye... Come on." She says. I sigh and lift my shirt slightly to the wound on my right side. She gasps as the blood comes out. She rips a bit of a blanket and holds it to my wound. "Y/N...don't lie to me. Okay?" She asks, looking at me. I nod slightly and grimace as she uses her other hand to touch my neck again. After a while, the others kind of fell asleep. Except for the old man. Sae-Byeok takes the blanket away from my wound and touches it lightly. Making me wince at the contact but also making butterflies erupt in my stomach. "You're alright. Just...let's tie this yeah?" She says, tying another bit of blanket around my waist. We then fall asleep. I lean on her as we do. She mutters something I can't quite make out before sighing and leaning in to kiss my temple. It was so adorable, but I was too asleep to react.

___________________________

We woke up to classical music again. I lift my head from Sae-Byeok's shoulder and she looks at me with tired eyes. "How do you feel?" She asks, a sleepy voice present. I made a mental note to remember her sleepy morning voice before answering. "Alright." I say. She looks me in the eyes. "Don't lie to me." She says. "Only a bit sore. Fine otherwise." I say. She nods and looks down to where the group was talking to the old man again. He had stayed up all night to watch over the group. That's nice.

The music played again and the speaker spoke up. "Attention players, the third game will begin momentarily. Please follow staff instructions and make your way swiftly to the game hall."

We walk together and arrive in a pure white room. Such a contrast to the colours or the red blood stains in the other rooms. "Welcome to the third game. For this game, you will play in teams. All players, please divide into teams of ten. Your time limit will be ten minutes." The speaker says. We immediately get into our team and count. "We need 4 more people." Sang-woo says. "Our team already has two girls and an old man. I think we better get more men first." He continues. Sae-Byeok scoffs slightly and I glare at him. "What if they make us play Gonggi or Elastics? Girls are usually better at those." Gi-hun says. "That's true, but when it comes down to it, men are usually better." Sang-woo adds. "It's our lives we're betting on right now." He finishes.

 "We need four more. Gi-hun and I will find one. Ali, you find one. Old man, you stay here. Girls, you two find one each." Sang-woo finishes. We disperse and look around. Sae-Byeok seems to find someone because she leaves my side. I then spot someone sitting on the side, people watching. I walk up to her and she looks at me. "What?" She asks. "Join our team." I say. Player 163 tilts her head. "Why?" She asks. "Because you're not going to anyone. So I came to you." I replied. She doesn't reply and just nods and stands. "Fine." She says and follows me. Knowing Sang-woo, he's not gonna be happy that both Sae-Byeok and I brought a girl.

We sit down in a circle as Gi-hun counts. "5...6...7...8...9..." We're missing someone. He says. Ali looks down guilty. "No one would join me...because of my hand." He says, showing his missing fingers. "You two. Who brought you here?" Sang-woo asks. They point to Sae-Byeok and I and we shrug. "I thought I said only men." He says. 240 stands a little. "This doesn't sound good. You want me to go? I'll go now." She says before Gi-hun stops her. "It's fine. Stay. we don't have enough already." He says. "We put together a weak team. No one will want to join." Sang-woo says. "By the time the timer is up, we'll be left with the one who got kicked out." He finishes.

"Well, nobody kicked me out!" A voice rings. We turn to see the crazy lady, who had gotten kicked out of 101's group earlier. "You guys lucked out!" She shouts, sitting down. "I'll be way more help than any of these wimpy girls." She says."Plus, I'm good at everything except the things I can't do." Sang-woo sighs. "Great. Half of us are girls." He says. Suddenly, the timer goes off.

"The time to pick teams is over. Players, please like up with your teammates at the entrance to the game hall." The lady speaks. We line up, confused cause we thought we'd be doing it here. The large doors open and, in line, all the teams walk out onto a platform. We see two large towers on either side of the room which have nothing under them. "Players, welcome to the third game. Today's game is tug of war. In order to win, you must pull the rope towards your platform in an attempt to drop your opponents down below." We all look at each other. Well crap.

The guards draw numbers and get team 1 and 7. 101's team. They play on the towers and as expected, 101's team wins. The other team gets pulled off and are hanging down before a large knife cuts the rope, causing team 7 to fall to their deaths. The guard draws again. "Team 4 and 5" He says. We stand up and look at the other team. All men. We walk to the lift bringing us up to the tower and walk past 101's team who snarls and he says that he wanted to kill us. We get into the lift as it takes us up. We're screwed....

_________________

Word Count: 1381