-Chapter 16: Hey, Princess-

-
-
The guards took away everything as they instruct us all to retire to our beds. I do as I'm told. My bed is opposite Gi-Hun. I was in the back right corner of the room. I was facing the doors. Gi-Hun was near the door corner at the front right. Sae-Byeok's bed was at the back left while Sang-Woo was at the front left. We were all quiet. Listening to the classical music and watching as the lights out timer clicks down to 0.

Click

"Player, it is now light out."
We are all engulfed into darkness. The only source of light was the doorway light and the piggy bank that was now filled to the brim with cash. I look at Sae-Byeok to see her watching everyone with warm eyes. Her knees were brought up to her chest as she held the knife in one hand. However, after a while she started dozing off. I quietly walk to her bed and shake her lightly. "Sae-Byeok." I whisper. She wakes a little and turns to me, lifting her knife. I hold my hands up, waiting for her to realise it was just me. "Princess...." She trails as she does and lowers her knife. "Hey, are you sure you're alright?" I ask. She looks me in the eye. Hers were slightly watery, as if she was going to cry. "Are you hurt?" I ask, sitting on her bed and holding one of her hands. I run my thumb over the back of her hand, watching as she relaxes a bit. "You barely touched you food." I note. She looks down, chewing on the inside of her cheek. "I-it just wasn't that cooked. Don't worry about me, Princess." She replies. She doesn't look in my eyes and I knew she lied. "Stop Lying, please." I ask. She looks at me. "It's not like you could treat me if I was hurt." She whispers. I sit next to her on the bed.

"We're still sticking together. Maybe with Gi-Hun too. Together, we can show that psychopath what we can do. We can share the prize money and go." I say, still holding her hand. "When you get out, are you still going to just afford school for Y/B/N?" Sae-Byeok asks. I nod. "And maybe....take you on a date?" I ask, smirking. She chuckles and shakes her head. "Is that a no then?" I ask, faking offence. She turns to me and opens her mouth to answer before we get interrupted.

"Sae-Byeok. Y/N. You two holding up?" Gi-Hun asks from near me. I nod and he repeats the action. "We should team up against Sang-Woo. We can beat him, no matter what the game." He says. "What will you do with the prize money?" Sae-Byeok asks. Gi-Hun thinks for a moment. "Pay off all my debts first. Then buy my mother a nice clean store. She always hoped to run a real store." Gi-Hun notes, smiling a little. "And maybe I can finally be a actual dad to my little girl." He finishes. Sae-Byeok turns to him, tilting her head. "How old is your daughter?" She asks "she's ten." Gi-Hun replies. "Huh. That's the same age as my brother." Sae-Byeok says. "And where is he?" Gi-Hun asks. "In a shelter." Sae-Byeok answers. "And you?" Gi-Hun asks me. "My brother is 9 and is at school. He usually lives at my apartment." I say. Gi-Hun nods.

Sae-Byeok explains her situation and backstory to Gi-Hun which clearly shows him her softer side. "Hey Gi-Hun." Sae-Byeok asks. "I think the three of us should make a deal." She says. "Just in case either of us can actually make it out of this hellhole somehow. We'll take care of each other's loved ones." She says. "Don't say that. We'll beat Sang-Woo and get out." I say, shaking my head. Sae-Byeok sighs and takes my hands. "I still want you to swear though." She says, looking directly at Gi-Hun and I. I open my mouth to swear when Gi-Hun silences us. I turn to see him watching Sang-Woo who had fallen asleep. His arm goes slack and his knife drops to the bed. Gi-Hun walks slowly to his bed, pulling his knife out.

"Don't do it." Sae-Byeok says. "That isn't you. You're a good person at heart." She adds. I watch as Gi-Hun sighs and slowly pockets his knife again. My eyes remain on his slouched form until I feel a pressure on my shoulder and turn to see Sae-Byeok now laying on my shoulder, groaning.

"Sae-Byeok...." I say, turning fully and pulling her to me. I see a patch of blood on her abdomen area and gasp. "What's....what? When did this happen?!" I ask. Sae-Byeok just groans as Gi-Hun comes running back. "When did you get hurt?" I ask. "Glass." She mutters. Then I remember how she helped all of us off, including Gi-Hun who was last. That left her at the back, where she took the brunt of the glass.

I placed my hand over her wound, applying pressure. "Hey, no. Stay with me." I say. "Swear." She says. In tears, I give her a confused look. "W-What?" I ask. "Swear to me, Princess." She says, referring to our earlier conversation. I silently nod my head, watching as her face morphs into a pained one. She settles down slightly, the pain is probably numbing to her now. Gi-Hun runs to the door to ask for help as I hold Sae-Byeok in my lap.
"Yes" She says out of the blue. "What do you mean?" I ask. "Yes. I'd go on a date with you." She continues. Her eyes were watery again and she lifted a hand to my cheek. "Ever since I met you, I couldn't stop thinking about you." She says, "I'm sorry I ignored you. I'm sorry I was cold at first. I didn't know what to do." She says. I shake my head. "No, it's not your fault." I say.

Gi-Hun was still screaming at the door while I held Sae-Byeok. "I...I think I love you Y/N." She mutters. "I don't really know love. Or how to love. But if I did, I think this is it." She says, "I think I love you too." I reply before planting a soft kiss on her lips. She shudders slightly. Her eyes inching down slowly. "No. No no. Stay with me, Sae-Byeok." I say, tapping her face lightly. Her hand fell slightly from my cheek, leaving a handprint of her blood. "Don't let go of yourself." I say. I look over at Gi-Hun who was still at it at the door. "Hey, Princess?" Her small voice calls. I turn back and look at her. "I...I think I wanna go home now." She whispers. Her voice trailing.

"We will. You will. I promise." I whisper back, the tears falling down my face as I held her. Her breathing was shallow and her heart was faint. "Don't leave me." I whisper. I didn't know if she could hear me or not, but I hoped she could. That's when I hear footsteps behind me and turn to see Sang-Woo there, raising his arm with the knife. I gasp as he goes for me, making me get cut and fall onto the floor. He kicks me hard in the stomach, causing me to gasp and groan. I look up to see him now looking at Sae-Byeok. His grip on his knife tightening. "No. Don't. Please." I say, trying to stand up.

But it was too late.

——————————————
A/N: I'm sorry. I give you permission to kill me. But I will make it up to you guys, I swear!

Word count: 1308