-Chapter 20: 강새벽-

"Cheol! Y/B/N! It's time to get going! Gi-Hun is waiting." I say. These two were always busy running around. They appear with their overnight bags and bright smiles on their faces. "Uncle Gi-Hun is waiting downstairs. Let's go." I say. The lift ride down was chaotic. The boys were either jumping, shouting or laughing. We exit the building to see a car waiting. The door opens and out steps Gi-Hun. "Hey kids." He says. "Uncle Gi-Hun!" Cheol says, running to him and giving him a hug. Y/B/N does the same and after, Gi-Hun smiles at me. "Taking the boys for the night then drop them at school?" He clarifies. I nod as the boys scramble into the car. "You going then?" He asks. I look up at the sky, admiring the way the clouds pass. After a few beats, I look back at Gi-Hun's questioning gaze before nodding slowly. "Yeah. I guess." I start. "I just need to see what it is." I add.

Gi-Hun nods with understanding before putting his hand on my shoulder. "Look. Everything will be okay. For all we know, it's a cake." He says jokingly. I chuckle and shake my head. "Fair enough." I say. I open my mouth to say more when we hear shouts from the car. "Uncle Gi-Hun! Are we going yet? We want to play with JJ!" Y/B/N says. JJ was Gi-Hun's dog. Well, puppy. He got one after going to shelter and finding out that the puppy had lost it's family. Gi-Hun smiles at me and sighs. "Well, see you soon, Y/N." He says before turning and walking to his car.

I wave at the boys as the car drives off before walking back into my apartment and picking up the card. I stare at it for a while before nodding to myself. "It's time." I went out and stopped by a flower shop, buying a single rose from the shop. It was like the one 001 gave me before with the card. I paid for the flower before walking to the street to get a cab.

I took the cab to the address written on the card. It's been a few days since I got the card. Cheol and Y/B/N were with Gi-Hun for a night as he was leaving for America in a few days so Cheol wanted to see him. He actually did his hair. He dyed it red. He looked like the McDonald's clown in a way. But it also suited him as well. His fiery personality after we left the games. Well, a year after.

I sat in the cab with my phone in my hands. I was casually looking through instagram at a model I had recently seen in a show somewhere. Her name was Jung Ho-Yeon and she was gorgeous. Anyway, I had been distracting myself with shows and it was getting...boring. I finally decided to go to the place. As I arrived, I paid the cab and stood in front of large metal gates with a rose in my hands. God, I was so nervous it was insane.

I walked inside, through the gates and admired the surroundings. Lots of grass and lots of stones. Lots of trees as well. The blue sky added to the colour scheme and it was...to be honest....very pretty. I walked to a worker in the area and asked for directions which he gave me. I thanked him and made my way to the place that 001 had set up for me. It was a maze to be honest. But once I made it, the sight made me smile. I couldn't believe it.

I walked closer, slowly. "Hey, so....it's been a while." I start. "There is so much that I have to tell you and...I'm gonna be honest here, not all of it is great." I say. "I can start with....I got the money. I won, with Gi-Hun. Just like you wanted." I twisted the flower in my hands nervously. Why am I so nervous? "Gi-Hun's mom was dead when we got out though. It was sad and he spent months grieving." I say. "I also made sure to keep my promise. I swore to you that I'd get your brother out, and I did. I also got him into school, I can show you a picture if you want." I say before pulling out my phone and getting the image of their first day of school up. "He made close friends with my brother. It's kind of adorable. He looks like you, it's scary." I say, chuckling.

I shake my head and sigh. I put my phone in my pocket again and looked up. I admire the brown eyes that I had fallen in love with. "God, you have no idea how much I missed you." I say. "Life was....so hard without you. I kept thinking of you." I say, looking back down. "Gi-Hun is going to see his daughter." I randomly say. "The old man, Oh Ill-Nam, created the games. He did it for fun. Can you believe that?" I say.

"I'm also getting your mother here. She's going to be here in a few months. We can see her together." I say. "Oh, and Gi-Hun dyed his hair red. Like, seriously." I say laughing. I sigh and look back up. "Well, I've missed you so much. Your brother does too, he misses you. Whenever he asked about you, I would always imagine you reply with "Don't worry, Princess. I'm here." but...you weren't there." I say. It started raining lightly and the blue sky was now grey.

Guess it's time to go. I smile and look up once more. "I miss you, and I love you. I always will" I place my flower on the floor and stand to look at her image once more, reading the words in front of me before turning away and walking away.

Number 067
A loving sister
A loving daughter
A loving friend
A loving girlfriend

Here lays 강새벽

——————

In a way, 001 had given Y/N a gift that helped her in her journey. She had closure. Unlike many of the thousands of players who had died in the game, Kang Sae-Byeok had an ending. She wasn't just burnt and incinerated in the facility. She isn't just a unsolved mystery. Instead, she had gotten a proper burial. A proper memorial. A proper place where Y/N and all other friends could say their proper goodbyes. A place where her brother, Kang Cheol, could visit to tell stories about their mother. Here, she is able to watch over her loved ones. She is able to see the world, rather than be hidden from it. She protects them, all while sitting on a beach and drinking mojitos with 240 and 163. Lucky number 067.

RIP Kang Sae-Byeok.
May we meet again.

—————————————————
Word Count: 1167
(67)