-Chapter 6: Midnight Terrors-

-

-

After that, we had mealtime. The guards set up with the tray and the food as we line up. We only got a bottle of soda and an egg. "Is this all we get?" 101 asks in front of me by a few people. There was no answer and 101 walks away. Scowling and muttering to himself. Sae-Byeok and I grab our eggs and sit at the stairs again, eating in silence as we watch 101 and his gang cut the line again. "Now that's just another level of low." I say, taking a sip of my soda. Sae-Byeok just watches. 

Not long later, the last five people of that line arrive at the front and get told that they don't have food. "I didn't get any food!" The man says. "We prepared enough food for everyone." The guard says. "But I did not get any!" He shouts again. This goes on for a little bit until the guard pulls out a gun. Suddenly, a random lady stands up and tattletales on 101 and his gang. "I saw them," She says. The man immediately turns and starts shouting at them. He attempts to snatch the bottle from 101's hands and it drops and shatters on the floor. "Why'd you break it?" 101 asks, pushing and punching the man. He repeatedly kicks him once he's on the floor until he gets tired. He then turns and picks up a part of the broken bottle, drinking what's left inside. 

Sae-byeok and I watch as 218 and 456 go to the man and check his pulse before announcing that he is dead. 456 starts shouting and ranting to the guards and the cameras. "Can someone do something?" He shouts. No one moves which makes him shout more. "Hey, didn't you hear? A person died. That man just died." He says, pointing. "That bastard. That bastard killed him." He says, pointing at 101. 101 looks around, realizing what he did and how he might get into trouble. He continues shouting, walking around. He points at the cameras and looks into it. "We shouldn't be killing each other like this!" He shouts. 

Suddenly, the lady on the speaker speaks up. "Player 271, eliminated." We all look at the screen and watch as the number goes down by one. The arcade music plays as we see the money number go up and we see cash get dispersed into the piggy bank above us. The room is then silent as we process what had just happened. I look at Sae-Byeok to see her looking at me with worried eyes. We were most likely 101's next targets and we knew that.

We sat in silence as we watched the teams talk. 101's team kept on looking at us and 456's team, which made me uneasy. Sae-Byeok held my hand and looked at me. "We sleep near each other anyway. Anything happens, we stick together." She says. Suddenly, 456 came walking up to us. "Hey, Pickpocket, 307." He says. "Are you okay?" He asks, looking at us. I look at him, let go of Sae-Byeok's hand and nod. "It looked like you two and the thug really had it out for each other." He says. "So what?" Sae-Byeok asks. "Tonight, if anything happens, we'll all meet at my bed right there." He says, pointing. "Join us..." He says, looking at us.

"I don't trust people." Sae-Byeok says. "That's twice true for people who ended up here. Got it?" "But you trust her." 456 says, pointing at me. Sae-Byeok looks at me for a second. "That's different." She replies. "How?" He asks. "She hasn't tried to kill me. She helped me when we first arrived without even knowing me." She replies. 456 nods slowly. Probably in shame of how he tried to attack her multiple times for his money. "Well, you think that's how it works, huh?" he asks. "Listen. You don't trust people here because you can. You do it because you don't have anyone else." He says before leaving us. 

We stay silent for a while longer until she turns to me. "What do you think?" She asks. I shrug. "It would probably be safer..." I say. She nods slowly and rests her head on my shoulder. "If anything happens, we meet up then go to 456. Unless we get split up, then we go to 456 directly." She says. "Even if we're not together, I want to know that you're safe." She says. "Same to you." I replied.

We're all in bed. Sae-Byeok and I were only separated by a gaping hole between our bunk beds. It was silent but we knew no one was asleep. Sae-Byeok and I were staring at each other, waiting for something to happen. Then it did. Someone screamed and immediately, people jumped up from their beds. I sit up quickly and look at Sae-Byeok's bed to barely see anything before my bunk block is pushed over and I go tumbling to the floor. 

Damn it. I have to meet up with Sae-Byeok at 456's group. I get up from under the piles of mattresses and look around as the lights start flashing like crazy. I hear heavy footsteps behind me and turn to see one of 101's men swinging a pole at me. I duck as it flies above my head but I get shoved back into the beds. He picks me up and throws me onto the floor, kicking my stomach. Suddenly, someone jumps down from the bunks and lands on top of the man as I scramble to get away.

I crawl over a bed and look around. I see 456's group and make my way towards them before I get pulled back by the hair. "307. Found you." I deep voice says. 101 slams me into the wall and starts choking me. "067 got away from me." he says, his grip tightening. "I tried to choke her as I'm doing to you," he says. "But she got away...." He says, lifting me up a bit. "But look." He says before pulling her knife out of his pocket and opening it. "I got something for you." He snarls. His grip tightens as I flail around. I kick him backwards and he drops me and tries to slash at me, getting me slightly in the side. I scramble to get away and start running towards 456 and Sae-Byeok who I now see with the group. "Not so fast." 101 says, pulling me back by my jacket. I turn quickly and try to punch him but he lifts his knife to my neck. "Shhhh." he says before holding me with the knife at my neck and walking to 456's group.

101 signals one of his men to try to grapple Sae-Byeok but he fails as 456 turns and pushes her out of the way. "Ssangmun-dong. What are you doing?" he asks, chuckling. The group turns around to see 101 and his group in their fighting stance with me in his grip, knife to my neck. I wriggle around but he just pushes a little, drawing a bit of blood. "We're just helping cull the herd." 101 says. I look at Sae-Byeok and see her looking at me worriedly. I shake my head subtly, telling her I'm fine. "They're our teammates. You got that?" 456 says. 101 chuckles and walks forward with me. "Then I guess you're going to have one less teammate." He says before looking at Sae-Byeok. "And one less girlfriend." then, lifting his knife and going to stab me in the neck.

Suddenly, he gets knocked over and I see Sae-Byeok on the ground, grappling with him. I cough slightly, feeling how deep the knife went. It was fairly deep but I wasn't going to die. I stand and see 101 now trying to stab Sae-Byeok as someone smashes a bottle on her head. I kick them back and whack them before getting shoved back myself. Suddenly, 199 comes running in with a huge metal pole/pillar thing and starts waving it around. "Teammate... What a load of crap." 101 says, smirking. I help Sae-Byeok up and hold onto her as we stand behind 199. We then hear someone shouting from the top of the bunks. "All of you, stop this! I'm...I'm scared!" The old man shouts. After a bit of time, the lights turn on and the guards start running in. They shoot bullets into the air and everyone stops. Everything....stops.

_______________________________________________________

A/N: So I wrote up to here atm. But I'm a fast writer and have some time.

Probably post every other day?

Hope you like the story so far...I use a Squid Game Script/Transcript so I can write the exact lines from the show. I am detailed. (jk. irl I'm not.)

- R

Word Count: 1408