-Chapter 3: Terminated-

-

-

We enter the bunks room and the guards leave us for a while. I sit on the staircase, people watching. I hear someone sit next to me and turn my head to see 067. We don't talk. Just sit in silence. It was as if we formed an automatic agreement that we'd stick together. At least until 101 was gone.

Guards enter and the crowd falls silent. "Congrats for completing the first game. In the game, 255 players were eliminated." He says as the number on the screen behind him changes from 456 to 201. A random lady falls onto her knees, begging. "Please, let me go. I'll do anything, I'll pay my debts. I have a newborn child...so small...I haven't even named it yet." She beds. Immediately after, more people start begging for mercy. The square guard silences everyone with his voice. "You misunderstand. We are not after your money, we are giving you chances" He says.

More chaos happens as people beg and the guards speak and I unfocus as I watch the crowd before turning to 067 to see her sighing. Suddenly, a voice speaks loud and clear. "Clause 3. The game may be terminated if the majority votes." He says, "Or am I wrong?" He asks. I look and see a tall man with glasses. Player 218. "You are correct." The square says. "Then let us vote." 218 says. The guard stays silent before speaking again. "Very well. But let us show you the money won after the first game."

A large piggy bank slowly descends from the ceiling and we watch as a machine fills it with money. We watch the golden glow of the piggy bank as stacks of bills pile up. There was arcade music playing along with it and we were all mesmerized. By the time it was done, the piggy back was half full. "In the last game, 255 players were eliminated. Each player holds the worth of 100,000,000 won. The amount won in the last game is 25,500,000,000." He says, "Or in other words, 25.5 billion won" He says again. Everyone is silent as the guards shuffle around. "Now, let us vote"

There were two buttons. A green one and a red one. "The voting will start from the last player. If you wish to continue playing, press the green button. If not, press the red button." The guard says. "Player 456" He starts. 456 walks up to the platform and watches the buttons. No doubt the money altered his opinion. He hesitates before pressing the red button. The numbers on the screen change and it now says O has no votes and X has one.

I think for a while. My little brother won't be here for a week. I don't have enough to get him to stay in school for even another year. Our parents had died by the hands of the debt collectors and I knew I would be next. I had to pay rent on our old, crappy apartment and we would get evicted if not. Finally, I had to get Y/B/N a birthday present. Before I could think more, I heard my number. "Player 307" I walked up to the platform, eyeing the buttons. I did not have a chance out there. In here? I have a chance to win enough money to pay for all the things I need to and more. My hand hovers in the middle of the two before shifting to the left and pressing the green button. It beeps and I step back to the other side. 456 glances at me with an angry look and I can't help but look away.

The voting goes on, getting tied up a lot. "Player 067" I hear. She walks to the platform and doesn't even need to think before pressing the green button. She walks to the other side and stands next to me again. We stay silent, watching the voting. "Player 001" The voting was tied. 100 on each side. The old man would decide. He hesitates, leaving us all in suspense. His hand shifts from left to right. Right to left. After what felt like an hour, I heard a loud buzz of a button. The red button. "Majority of the players have voted to terminate the game. The game has been terminated." The guard says. Some people cheer but others don't. "But the ones who want to continue, we still get to play, right?" a man says. "If you wish to start the game again, contact us and we can restart the games. For now, goodbye." The guard says.

I get thrown out of a car. Harshly. I hear the thud of things being dropped before the squeal of tires. I struggle to stand, being blindfolded and having my hands and legs tied. I hear a voice beside me somewhere. "Help! Someone, anyone help me!" I hear someone shout. I recognised it was player 456. "Shut up. No one will hear you." I hear another voice. It was the calm, familiar voice of 067. I felt cold and knew that I was left in my undergarments in the middle of the street. "Well, we have to get out." I say. I heard someone shuffle before feeling someone tug my blindfold off. "307." 067 says. "Can you bite the rope from my hands?" She asks. I nod, before realizing she can't see me. "Yeah" I say before positioning myself so I am able to bite her ties off. I get them off and she immediately takes her blindfold off and unties her legs. 

I watch as she wears her clothes before catching my eye and raising a brow. I look away before I see her stand in front of me. She holds out a knife and cuts my ties off. She throws me my clothes before we look at 456. "Don't leave me here." He pleads. I look at 067 and she shrugs and walks to him. "If I let you go, you're just going to hassle me about your money." She says before walking away a little. "No, please. I won't. Just don't leave me here." He says, 067 turns and cuts his arm ties and immediately he starts hopping around and trying to grab her. "You little thief, where is my money?" He shouts. 067 chuckles as she walks back slowly, easily getting out of his arm reach as his legs are still tied. "Come on." She says, walking to me and pulling my arm. We walk away from a flailing 456 and down the street.

"Where are you going?" I ask as we walk. She stays silent. "You don't have to answer. I just thought we might as well talk." I say. "We don't know where we are." She says. I look around and recognize the park nearby. "We're near my apartment." I say. I tell her where we are and she nods. "Then I'm going there." She says, pointing in a direction. I nod as we walk a little more. "Well, it seems like we're splitting." I say. She nods and looks me straight in the eye. It gave me butterflies which I was confused about. I knew her for one day. "What's your name?" I ask. "Why?" She responds. "I want to know the name of the person who saved me." I replied.

A small smile appears on her lips before she goes back to the neutral expression. She doesn't answer and I sigh before turning and walking away. "Kang Sae-Byeok." I hear her say. I turn around and smile. "That's a pretty name." I say. "A pretty name for a pretty girl" I add. She blushes a little before nodding at me. "And what's yours?" She asks. I grin. "Y/N Y/L/N" I reply before turning and walking away. After a while, I glance back to see her still standing in that spot, facing my direction. I chuckle and continue walking.

As I arrive at my apartment, I spot a brown card under the door. I pick it up and notice the shapes on one side. I enter my apartment before reading the card.

If you wish to play, 12:00 midnight at the same place.

I glance around my apartment and note the breaking walls, failing oven and stove and small rooms. Y/B/N and I could do so much better. If we won the money. I sigh and pocket the card before changing into better clothes...not like it makes a difference and checking the time. 11:30. Half an hour before I go. Half an hour before I return. I assume 067....Sae-Byeok would go too. She clicked green. I checked the time again to see it was 11:45. Time to go. I put on my shoes and left the apartment. Locking it behind me for what could be the last time.

A/N: Okay. So, I'm going to post all I have at once. or really close together so I can just get it out there.

I'm still working on it but I have exams and would probably be a tad bit slow.

BUT I have been re-watching lots of scenes (Specifically with a certain 067) and those keep me going on the writing.

Anywho, have a good one!

- R

Word Count: 1477